OK, I have had it with the cheap crap!

farmerbrown

Hey if your sup says anything just tell him that you had to keep your customers more interested in their packages ...and not yours!!! Seriously though, I hate the new threads too. It is a shame that we have to look like ragbags just to save a few bucks.

browniehound

The new uniform supplier flat out sucks! I'm wearing my old stuff for as long as I can now. Yes it looks a little worn, but it has stood the test of time (4-10 years old) and is the most comfortable uniforms I own.

The new ones don't fit right, at least on me? I ordered the same size that I always do. I know I didn't lose any weight (probably the opposite), yet my pants and shorts don't stay on my waist. They sag below the waist even with a belt.:sad-very:

I also ordered a belt. Three months later the belt was useless because it tore at the only hole that fit me.:whiteflag: Can you believe it? The belt broke off at the hole I used everyday and it just wore out. We are talking about 75 uses!:sick: I still have belts that are 9 years old and they are not about to fail!

Be good to your old uniforms as they are the best we are ever going to get!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Be good to your old uniforms as they are the best we are ever going to get!
The contract states that UPS shall provide us with "suitable" uniforms. By any objective standard, the crap we are being provided with is not "suitable" for anything other than wiping one's ass with. Perhaps a nationwide grievance might motivate the company to abide by the contract and quit giving us garbage to wear.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
The contract states that UPS shall provide us with "suitable" uniforms. By any objective standard, the crap we are being provided with is not "suitable" for anything other than wiping one's ass with. Perhaps a nationwide grievance might motivate the company to abide by the contract and quit giving us garbage to wear.

I'd say over 85% of drivers take pride in their appearance and do their best to have clean, sharp looking uniforms at least in the morning when they start work. It sounds like the new stuff is not suitable to them. It's time for a poll on BC to get some numbers for Atlanta!

scoobypanda

one of the things I always took pride in was that my uniform, though ugly, was American made. So now when my customers notice my frayed collar, I tell them that I refuse to wear my egyptian made piece of crap uniform and they all agree. Hopefully this was an experiment and U.P.S will realize their mistake. I'm afraid I may be dreaming though since we are on year 5 of PAS and it is the nightmare that never ends.

filthpig

It really cheeses me that these uniforms are crap. The made in China thing irritates me more than anything. I wonder how many Americans lost jobs at Riverside due to our switching?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's one thing for UPS to accept these cheaply made uniform items to save a couple bucks. It's another thing that when you order 5 cheaply made uniform shirts for the 5 days in a week, and you are only allowed 3 in your shipment. What kind of bull s--- is that !!!!
Is there really a way Atlanta will understand this ??? They have to get their noses out of the accounting journals and worry about real life here. !!!!

upsogar

My husband has the same problem with his uniforms. I have sent an email to TwinHill. I haven't heard from them yet but here is the address if anyone wants it. [email protected] They say numbers hold the power. Hopefully if more of you email them and complain they might fix things and UPS might get a clue also.:peaceful:

Maybe it's time we start a letter?e-mail campaign to corporate office about this. Maybe, just maybe if enough drivers complain directly to them , something might be done.
Actual snail-mail letters would work better.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Hey Steve,lets see some crappy uniform pics next.And Sober,why didnt you make some elk skin browns from that bull you took last fall?

Sammie

Maybe it's time we start a letter?e-mail campaign to corporate office about this. Maybe, just maybe if enough drivers complain directly to them , something might be done.

Can't you let your union know that you can't work when your clothes are falling off? That way if something happens and you get fired they'll be aware.

Also something to bring up for the next contract. The company, being
as ethical as they are, should not accept uniforms made by ten year olds in Chinese sweatshops.

Nike-Sweatshops-05.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can't you let your union know that you can't work when your clothes are falling off? That way if something happens and you get fired they'll be aware.

Also something to bring up for the next contract. The company, being
as ethical as they are, should not accept uniforms made by ten year olds in Chinese sweatshops.

Nike-Sweatshops-05.jpg

If you look really closely you can see the "WalMart" labels.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe it's time we start a letter? e-mail campaign to corporate office about this. Maybe, just maybe if enough drivers complain directly to them , something might be done.

Never know until it's tried.
One bit of advise - don't send it to someone whose title has Accounting or Purchasing. :wink2:

My husband has the same problem with his uniforms. I have sent an email to TwinHill. I haven't heard from them yet but here is the address if anyone wants it. [email protected] They say numbers hold the power. Hopefully if more of you email them and complain they might fix things and UPS might get a clue also.:peaceful:

Thank you for the e address. Just sent a rather forfull note to them. Nothing will happen but sure felt good. I tink all drivers ought to send them a little hello.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Boy, this is an old "thread"....pun intended:happy-very:

An update; I filed a grievance on this issue a few months ago and the resolution was that the company agreed to fill my uniform orders in a timely manner and supply me with an adquate number of them so that I didnt have to wash the same two pairs of shorts over and over again.

For a while there I was going thru about 10 pairs of shorts per month. I would wear them once or twice, they would rip, I would order new ones.

Then my sup decided to order me the new style knee-length shorts instead of the standard ones. I didnt like them at first, they made me look like a 285 lb. Frodo Baggins, but for whatever reason they are made better and havent ripped a seam yet. I have 6 pairs of them and they have lasted for a couple of months now with no problems.

Anyone out there who is having trouble getting the company to fill uniform orders in a timely manner needs to file. The contract is very clear.