Ok...so were going under...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"We can't make commit times today because a plane landed late, inclement weather, bad dispatch, etc, etc, etc." Thanks for trying people.

"We can't find your package because several of our inbound Ground semis rolled-over, caught on fire, or were taken off the road for safety violations. A couple of my drivers are off (so you won't get your package today) because they had warrants, bad reactions to tattoo ink, or crashed their chopper on the way to their Hell's Angels club meeting".

whenIgetthere

STXFG makes a good point. It isn't out of the ordinary for Express to have such disruptions.

Or a week like this week, where engineers should have known with the holiday, and end of month, outbound would be greatly increased. BUT, did they plan to have enough lift to move all that extra freight, hell no! The customer will never hear that, though!

bbsam

Staff member
So we have confirmation from three of you that FDX has no qualms about blowing smoke up the customers backside when Express screws up. Why would they have a problem if it got screwed up on the Ground side?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So we have confirmation from three of you that FDX has no qualms about blowing smoke up the customers backside when Express screws up. Why would they have a problem if it got screwed up on the Ground side?

Because customers expect screw-ups from the Ground Clown Posse.

fedupped

BB, your an owner. You win. You will do well. Your responses at all times of the day and hour indictate this (having the time). Your drivers?..as mercenaries who choose to come and go will be ok for the immediate present. The rest of us ...ehhhh, well we will enjoy the immediacy of no commitments and decent pay with a lackluster retirement to show for. So..i guess this ends most of the discussions.

bbsam

Staff member
BB, your an owner. You win. You will do well. Your responses at all times of the day and hour indictate this (having the time). Your drivers?..as mercenaries who choose to come and go will be ok for the immediate present. The rest of us ...ehhhh, well we will enjoy the immediacy of no commitments and decent pay with a lackluster retirement to show for. So..i guess this ends most of the discussions.

Maybe. Maybe not. Nothing is set for any of us. I wish more pepe around here would figure that put. No promises. Ever.