OK TO INFECT OTHERS IN TAMPA

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Iran has a large, well-educated middle class that largely doesn't agree with the fundamentalist Islamic theocracy. Unfortunately, they aren't in charge, the Ayatollahs are running the show and their "president" is a puppet.

I posted this on another thread, but I think it would be better suited for here;
600 people have been killed and 3,000 left in hospital in Iran after they drank neat (high-concentration) alcohol in the mistaken belief it cures COVID-19.
Iran has suffered the Middle East's most severe COVID-19 outbreak.
Country has officially confirmed 62,589 cases of COVID-19 and 3,872 deaths.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
bad call.
Illinois town mayor is shocked after sending cops to break up parties amid COVID-19 lockdown only to find his WIFE at one of them
  • Alton, Illinois, Mayor Brant Walker issued an apology on behalf of wife Shannon after she was caught at illegal gathering at Hiram's Tavern Sunday
  • Walker said he instructed the chief of police to treat his wife 'as he would any citizen violating the "Stay At Home" order'
  • Illinois Gov JB Pritzker issued executive order on March 20 prohibiting all social gatherings to help stop the spread of the COVID-19
  • Walker said in a Facebook statement his wife 'is an adult capable of making her own decisions, and in this instance she exhibited a stunning lack of judgement'
  • Shannon Walker was cited for reckless conduct, a misdemeanor

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Are you actually saying that they somehow deserved to be run over then knifed to death? This wasn't some Christian organization to my knowledge. Pretty certain it was a liberal group promoting peace by biking through a number of countries on a worldwide tour.

No. I'm not supporting their killing. Where did you get that? I'm just saying it isn't very smart to go into a questionable country and start protesting or otherwise telling them what to do.

Stupid on their part.

vantexan

No. I'm not supporting their killing. Where did you get that? I'm just saying it isn't very smart to go into a questionable country and start protesting or otherwise telling them what to do.

Stupid on their part.
Who was protesting? Who was telling anyone what to do? They were on an around the world bicycle trip and plenty of Westerners have biked through Tajikistan. But some fanatics saw them and decided to kill them. You're putting it on them for being there when all along you've been saying the fanatics are a tiny percentage of the Muslim population yet no matter where you go in the Muslim world you risk this kind of idiocy. Look at Malaysia. Their particular kind of Islam is noted for peace and understanding. Yet Daniel Pearl got his head cut off there. Look at Bali. It's not even a Muslim island yet Muslims from the surrounding Indonesian islands blew up a nightclub frequented by Westerners. Look at the attacks on Mumbai and Paris. Were those victims not where they were supposed to be? On and on it goes yet you want to draw an equivalency with Christians. I don't agree with Bill Maher on much, but at least he's honest about this, that it isn't other religions committing these heinous acts, it's the Muslims. Right now China has a million Uighers in concentration camps. It's draconian, but their terrorist attacks have gone way down. Japan prevents it by not allowing Muslims to enter their country. And if you look at their history for a thousand years yes it's part of their religion to advance Islam by conquering and dominating non-believers. So when you ask me what's the difference between the two, isn't one just as good as the other, well no, they aren't. If you could get past your hatred of Christianity you'd see that.