On Topic: Background check for more than one job

Hi all. I live on the NY/CT border. I applied for seasonal driver in CT a couple of weeks ago and have passed the background check and waiting on a road test... In the meantime, I also just applied for a package handler job in NY (I need a job bad, so I apply for everything). If I get the package handler job, will UPS do another background check or use the one from CT?

The reason I ask is because I need to get to work and earning a paycheck like yesterday.

Thanks.

More than likely they won't let you work both due to the DOT hours.

I don't want to work both jobs. I'm just wondering if I don't get the driver job in CT that I already passed a background check for, will I have to wait on a whole new background check for the package handler job in NY? Don't all UPS locations share that info?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't want to work both jobs. I'm just wondering if I don't get the driver job in CT that I already passed a background check for, will I have to wait on a whole new background check for the package handler job in NY? Don't all UPS locations share that info?

I am surprised that the system allowed you to apply for the PT package handler job with an application for the seasonal driver position already in the system.

Gumby was wrong when he said that they would not allow you to work in both locations due to DOT hours. You cannot work in more than one UPS facility, especially when they are in two different states.

Be patient-----take the road test and when you pass pay attention to your trainer as you will be thrown a lot of info in a short period of time.

Peak starts in two weeks.

I am surprised that the system allowed you to apply for the PT package handler job with an application for the seasonal driver position already in the system.

Gumby was wrong when he said that they would not allow you to work in both locations due to DOT hours. You cannot work in more than one UPS facility, especially when they are in two different states.

Be patient-----take the road test and when you pass pay attention to your trainer as you will be thrown a lot of info in a short period of time.

Peak starts in two weeks.
Working split shifts would not give him his 10 hours off in between shifts.

But you should know that.....

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You can't work at two UPS facilities simultaneously unless you are being borrowed

You would think they would but I can't give you an honest answer. One hand doesn't seem to talk to the other hand .

MzTeaze

While locations may share info, the transfer of information is quite slow, in my experience.

However, the turnaround time for the background check is fairly quick unless you have some issues. During non-peak time, I had a one day turnaround with an answer.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hi all. I live on the NY/CT border. I applied for seasonal driver in CT a couple of weeks ago and have passed the background check and waiting on a road test... In the meantime, I also just applied for a package handler job in NY (I need a job bad, so I apply for everything). If I get the package handler job, will UPS do another background check or use the one from CT?

The reason I ask is because I need to get to work and earning a paycheck like yesterday.

Thanks.
Why are you "Sick of FedEx"?

XvJrBPrRr6OmGcDvQUDg_Confused%20TV.gif

budlight

hey friend* face
Based on my job, where we're getting 13 extra trailers a day, shrug. And that's just for one sort.

And quite honestly, where in my past posts have I not been truthful? Enlighten me, oh exalted one.

Last edited: