(On topic please) UPS made about 12.9 Billion Net Profits last year. I think they can give us the required water even when it’s hard and costs money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
What did you think of the means of providing water to employees described in the original post?
I wouldn't trust UPS management to adequately clean that big ass thermos so I guess that leaves iced down water bottles or having a large commercial fountain available for people to fill their own containers. Neither of which I think is an unreasonable accommodation. But the idea of having water shuttled out to everyone is completely ridiculous and a wanton waste of gas and resources even if you like to "stick it" to the company.

AccidentProne

I rather take a pay increase and bring my own water bottle in than have them give me cheap purified water.

A 1 gallon thermal water bottle for $70 by Buzio pays for it self in three weeks over buying a $13, 24 oz bottle case of 24 bottles every 3 days.

I think corporate would love you to be chairman of the Union. You make such great financial decisions for them.

Last edited:

AccidentProne

Rod,

It’s not want it’s the law.

IMO We should have held UPS feet to the fire long ago.
ITS OSHA LAW FOR BUILDINGS, NOT VEHICLES. Water fountains count. Water bottles are for situational unsafe local water.
Did you read the original post to this thread?

Please stick to the topic.

DID YOU READ THE ORIGINAL POST TO THIS THREAD? We all answered you and gave you facts and sources that you refused to read and kept repeating your flawed logic.
Doing it right will cost money but I think it could probably be done cheaper.
YEAH! IT BE CHEAPER TO BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE! Than to hire new people to cater you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
ITS OSHA LAW FOR BUILDINGS, NOT VEHICLES. Water fountains count. Water bottles are for situational unsafe local water.

DID YOU READ THE ORIGINAL POST TO THIS THREAD? We all answered you and gave you facts and sources that you refused to read and kept repeating your flawed logic.

YEAH! IT BE CHEAPER TO BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE! Than to hire new people to cater you.
Welcome to the puzzle palace of his mind

reginald95

My building started bringing in pallets of water and installed water spouts (with filter) next to the ice machines a couple of years ago. So you can either go with bottled waters or refill your water jugs.

Only thing is the ice machines keep breaking down because they get used up so much in the summer months.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
It's not the snow, it's Southerners that can't handle 1/4" of snow
That may be true but this OP doesn't know how to or needs to rely on someone else to figure out their hydration needs so I'll go out on a limb and say they're not from the south as we know how to deal with the heat.

Shorts365

I know not all routes have pick ups but I’ve yet to come across a pick up that wasn’t down to let me fill up my water bottle (or use the facilities.)

I’ve even covered routes where the driver gets a designated area in the break room fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.