(On topic please) UPS made about 12.9 Billion Net Profits last year. I think they can give us the required water even when it’s hard and costs money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
1658088045642.png

Who needs water. Drink your pee.

Trucker Clock

OSHA standards outline what is required by employers pertaining to providing drinking water in work areas (this includes UPS delivery vehicles) Sanitation Standard 29 CFR1910.141, states that employers provide potable water at worksites (which includes the UPS delivery vehicles)

Wrong.

Does not include UPS vehicles. Most all of the UPS vehicles are governed by the FMCSA (DOT), not OSHA.

OSHA laws do not apply to areas that they do not have authority over. Buildings, yes. Vehicles, well most of them, no.

Try again, but thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The more post I read from some of these newer young drivers , the more I want to puke , they cried about tatts and beards , now they expect water and ac , we were happy just to get shorts , imagine if they spent a week in a p-800 with the dash on your knee and the stick almost out the passenger door !
No cup holder unless you made one from a roll of tape , cutting off air tags , cod tags and signature on the AOD tags ! Then Having COD money sweated into your pocket , along with trying to sheet on sweat covered paper !!
But as one kid told me ,,, at least you didn't have to do as much work as we have today !

This is what we end up with when everyone gets a trophy !!
C2283CD1-28C0-49EC-9879-2637B50AF7D0.gif

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
The more post I read from some of these newer young drivers , the more I want to puke , they cried about tatts and beards , now they expect water and ac , we were happy just to get shorts , imagine if they spent a week in a p-800 with the dash on your knee and the stick almost out the passenger door !
No cup holder unless you made one from a roll of tape , cutting off air tags , cod tags and signature on the AOD tags ! Then Having COD money sweated into your pocket , along with trying to sheet on sweat covered paper !!
But as one kid told me ,,, at least you didn't have to do as much work as we have today !

View attachment 392490
9F3392DF-44B2-4745-9019-51725FECF2F9.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
ITS OSHA LAW FOR BUILDINGS, NOT VEHICLES. Water fountains count. Water bottles are for situational unsafe local water.

DID YOU READ THE ORIGINAL POST TO THIS THREAD? We all answered you and gave you facts and sources that you refused to read and kept repeating your flawed logic.

YEAH! IT BE CHEAPER TO BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE! Than to hire new people to cater you.
We can agree to disagree, no?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hard to believe ,, but I brought my own water and refilled at a customer stop
You realize you paid for water for a company that made 12.9 billion net income last year, you also had the customer pay for water for UPS. You are obviously entitled to make this call however it doesn’t change the facts:

UPS is required to pay for and provide an adequate supply of drinking water for your entire shift on your delivery vehicle.

Integrity

Binge Poster
That may be true but this OP doesn't know how to or needs to rely on someone else to figure out their hydration needs so I'll go out on a limb and say they're not from the south as we know how to deal with the heat.
Did you read even read the original post to this thread?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Wrong.

Does not include UPS vehicles. Most all of the UPS vehicles are governed by the FMCSA (DOT), not OSHA.

OSHA laws do not apply to areas that they do not have authority over. Buildings, yes. Vehicles, well most of them, no.

Try again, but thanks for playing.
Disagree with this.

Integrity

Binge Poster

View attachment 392490
Your opinions are yours and therefore you are certainly entitled to them.

Your opinions don’t change UPS requirements under OSHA regulations.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just wanted to point out: all you :censored2:s who are crying about and denying the company's requirement to provide water where work is being performed are saying that our brother in San Diego is solely responsible for his own heat related death. You people make me sick, and ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

AccidentProne

Just wanted to point out: all you :censored2:s who are crying about and denying the company's requirement to provide water where work is being performed are saying that our brother in San Diego is solely responsible for his own heat related death. You people make me sick, and ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Don't get me wrong, its horrible what happen, but it's your responsibility to stay hydrated. If I need more water, I don't give a :censored2: about what my sups say, I'm getting more water. Drive to any building and get some more water. Take a break if you feel like you're getting light headed. It's not worth dying for your job.

I am curious to know if his water bottle was empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.