"On Topic" - rules regarding smoking in package cars.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Flip the topic around, i never considered some of my helpers may want to smoke and i never offered them the option too. Not a big deal but i wonder if some of them were fiending and i didnt even know.
I used to have an on car who always begged to smoke in my truck. I let him once in the summer with both doors open, then we sat at a traffic light and I recanted. He had me stop at a gas station so he could buy some dip instead.

NEnewbie

I feel like an elf.
The world will no longer conform to your needs, "it isn't about you", carry on...

This is not about the world "conforming to my needs" as you suggest this is about my right to a safe workplace. This is not 1950 anymore. We know smoking is dangerous for both the smoker and those around him/her. It's not about not liking the "smell" of the smoke. It's not asking for special privileges or right, it's about a safe work environment.

It's the law, it's damn company policy, and I have had about enough of obsolete dinosaurs here who are trying to paint me as a person that I am not.

Now that I has my late night munchie break I am heading back to dreamland.

G

Googler666

Start bringing a joint or two and smoke it while on your shift, tell HR it gets you through the bull:censored2: you're having to deal with.

clavos

A helper is supposed to make a driver's day easier. Now you expect him to not smoke for hours because you don't like the.smell? I hope he dropped you back off at your meet point and left...lol
Smell?!? Come on! You're probably a smoker, right? This isn't a smell complaint! It's a medical complaint! It's depressing knowing their are people, let alone upsers, like you.

clavos

I got hit one the road by a driver who "just looked down for a second" while lighting his precious cigarette. Luckily it was the day after my 30 day ride.
Cigarettes are a distraction...cangrejos

tapatio75

Last peak I was with a helper, I think he was a driver, he got mad at me because I told him not to smoke in the cab, bla bla bla @&&$&&

i told him, Im the driver and I dont smoke, I won

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Last peak I was with a helper, I think he was a driver, he got mad at me because I told him not to smoke in the cab, bla bla bla @&&$&&

i told him, Im the driver and I dont smoke, I won
He can gtf over it. I'm a smoker...have gone put as a helper many times with a non smoking driver, and I don't smoke if it bothers them. It's their truck.

trickpony1

It's one thing to tell a seasonal employee not to smoke----it's quite another to tell a co-worker.

Really?

So the "shared work area" laws referencing not smoking only apply to certain people?

I bet you're a joy to work with.

tapatio75

There's a driver that smokes and drives a van, and when I used to cover him the smell in the cab was awful, or if I was helping him I would just wait outside doing nothing until he finished his cigarette, so his smoke breaks were my breaks too

SmithBarney

There's a driver that smokes and drives a van, and when I used to cover him the smell in the cab was awful, or if I was helping him I would just wait outside doing nothing until he finished his cigarette, so his smoke breaks were my breaks too
I covered for a guy like this once, I jammed the air vents with air fresheners, so that he couldn't find them or get them out... made driving his van alot nicer... then he ended up getting fired things have smelled a lot nicer since.