"On Topic" - rules regarding smoking in package cars.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well this sucks. I don't want the guy fired, I specifically left out all the other crap he did. He was a jackass but he does not deserve to be fired I know he has a family he spoke of them.

If this is what it is, what should I do to protect him?
I wouldn't lie...you're not very good at keeping stories straight!

NEnewbie

I feel like an elf.
You are so FOS you make me laugh.You could go all day if every package weighed 60lbs? Pleeeeease, you have no idea...but that I'd like to see...lol

This is not to mention that your original post that started this thread is BS. It states you worked 9 hours with a chain smoking driver. You later posted that you asked to be dropped off 10 minutes after he picked you up...and only spent maybe an hour total in Smokey Joe's truck. Hmmm.....which is it?

It's the second post, I had it all mixed up.It's been very stressful for me adjusting to the new job during peak but I have done it. Sorry about that. No BS here, do you know what CrossFit is? I am also very young and in great shape thanks to CrossFit.

I would gladly show you if you were my driver.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's the second post, I had it all mixed up.It's been very stressful for me adjusting to the new job during peak but I have done it. Sorry about that. No BS here, do you know what CrossFit is? I am also very young and in great shape thanks to CrossFit.

Crossfit is not the.body by UPS workout....I could run circles around you all the live long day...with a cigarette in my hand..lol

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well this sucks. I don't want the guy fired, I specifically left out all the other crap he did. He was a jackass but he does not deserve to be fired I know he has a family he spoke of them.

If this is what it is, what should I do to protect him?
There is nothing you can do. If it was against the policy in your state, and you asked to be moved because you couldnt stand the smoke, he was breaking a law, hes older, close to retiring, hes gone. Response #42.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You would have a hard time keeping up. Just sayin'.

There is nothing you can do. If it was against the policy in your state, and you asked to be moved because you couldnt stand the smoke, he was breaking a law, hes older, close to retiring, hes gone. Response #42.
No, the first driver was a young guy who gave her the hard time. The old driver was the one she got along with.

NEnewbie

I feel like an elf.
You would have a hard time keeping up. Just sayin'.

I will be honest I was hired to come in at peak when UPS has it's most volume and stress and handled it very well. It's my impression the rest of the year is not as difficult so I know I can handle this job when I am given the chance.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I will be honest I was hired to come in at peak when UPS has it's most volume and stress and handled it very well. It's my impression the rest of the year is not as difficult so I know I can handle this job when I am given the chance.
Your impression?? You have no clue what you are talking about, unless you've worked a belt...which you haven't...ever. And you mean "If", not "When".

Less volume but also a lot less people. Actually peak is easier in some ways. If it takes 10 people to do a job UPS will try to get by with 7.

NEnewbie

I feel like an elf.
Crossfit is not the.body by UPS workout....I could run circles around you all the live long day...with a cigarette in my hand..lol

I would love to be able to prove you wrong friend. I wonder how we can arrange this, after I win and you are gassed out I will even be gracious and buy you some pizza and beer.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I would love to be able to prove you wrong friend. I wonder how we can arrange this, after I win and you are gassed out I will even be gracious and buy you some pizza and beer.
I have been doing this crap for almost 9 years....I work with guys literally half my age...and can run circles around them. I lift more packages in a shift than a helper touches in a week! You can be gracious and stop talking about what you don't know...you've worked here 5 minutes....and chances are in another week or two, your job is over. So, nothing left to arrange.

NEnewbie

I feel like an elf.
I have been doing this crap for almost 9 years....I work with guys literally half my age...and can run circles around them. You can be gracious and stop talking about what you don't know...you've worked here 5 minutes....and chances are in another week or two, your job is over. So, nothing left to arrange.

Ok, let's start with something basic. What is the best time you have for a mile run? CrossFit is naturally competitive and focuses on confidence please do not take my confidence for arrogance or hubris.

I suspect the combination of my youth and CrossFit training for 6 years would overcome the on the job workout you have spoke of. There should be "UPS games" for employees to take part in yearly where they set up a course to see who is the fastest and the best. I wonder if corporate reads this.

If the "UPS games" ever happen remember this post LOL.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ok, let's start with something basic. What is the best time you have for a mile run? CrossFit is naturally competitive and focuses on confidence please do not take my confidence for arrogance or hubris.

I suspect the combination of my youth and CrossFit training for 6 years would overcome the on the job workout you have spoke of. There should be "UPS games" for employees to take part in yearly where they set up a course to see who is the fastest and the best. I wonder if corporate reads this.

If the "UPS games" every happen remember this post LOL.
Are you :censored2: kidding me right now? I'm actually embarassed for you. Please tell me I'm not the only one who read that and LMAO at the ignorance.
I lift, walk and carry 1500-1800 packages a shift...how many did you deliver?

If the "UPS games" every happen remember this post LOL.
We have "UPS Games" everyday. Your PT sup comes around everyday and tell you how much you suck. 99% and you better start picking up the pace or else blah, blah.

NEnewbie

I feel like an elf.
Are you :censored2: kidding me right now? I'm actually embarassed for you. Please tell me I'm not the only one who read that and LMAO at the ignorance.

Relax friend, just having some playful back and forth banter. You have asserted male dominance over me so you can relax. You showed me and now I know my place a mere female.

2627917_o.gif

Catatonic

Nine Lives
She might break you ... you better say "a" beer and "a" piece of pizza.
Also, as with any specific activity, muscle memory and conditioning specific to that activity is more important than "general" fitness.