one occasion or two

gorilla75jdw

But be warned, after 3 days a doctors note is required. But it does count as 1.
Required by who ? Contractually ? . It's not required , it might help if the issue got pushed on down the line . Really though , you should never even give a Dr's excuse to your sup. , keep it for your records , your the one who will need it if a case is being made against you . Think about it .

CHALLY9TX

Required by who ? Contractually ? . It's not required , it might help if the issue got pushed on down the line . Really though , you should never even give a Dr's excuse to your sup. , keep it for your records , your the one who will need it if a case is being made against you . Think about it .

Yes it is required contractually.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes it is required contractually.

You do need to turn in a doctor's note when requested. It would be wise to make a copy for your
own use, just in case.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In the west it's 4 days , I just wasn't sure with thanksgiving in between
What is the rule in the west regarding hoiday pay. Central says you must work the day before or after the holiday. Other supplements say you must work any 2 days in the same week as the holiday to receive hoiday pay.

CHALLY9TX

What is the rule in the west regarding hoiday pay. Central says you must work the day before or after the holiday. Other supplements say you must work any 2 days in the same week as the holiday to receive hoiday pay.

You must have monies earned during the week. So even if you just work 1 hour that week you'll get holiday pay. Or if you use a sick day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You must have monies earned during the week. So even if you just work 1 hour that week you'll get holiday pay. Or if you use a sick day.
My supplement says we have to work 2 days during the week of a holiday to receive holiday pay ...unless you are out on comp or vacation.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
But be warned, after 3 days a doctors note is required. But it does count as 1.

JF, Where in our contract does it say that. Not busting or anything, but the way I see it, the company agreed to so many sick days per year as per our contract, so they acknowledge it is possible for someone to be out that many times without questioning.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
My supplement says we have to work 2 days during the week of a holiday to receive holiday pay ...unless you are out on comp or vacation.
your in 804 right? if so, then a paid sick day or an OPH are considered work days during a holiday week. they count towards the two day rule to get paid for a holiday