One Thing We can Agree Upon

Serf

I think Fred will find enough workforce that believes $17/hr is still better than $10.10/hr.
Amen.

Yes, yes, it was all his doing... 100%!
Nobody said it was all his doing. Your job is to load cans and drive trucks. Pilots jobs are to fly the freight globally. Fred's job made it happen.

A rich man born with a silver spoon in his mouth, a cheat, a liar, and a killer.
Please tell me more about how it's a bad thing to come from money? If that statement even has any merit. Cheating and lying ok, maybe. And a killer?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Amen.

Nobody said it was all his doing. Your job is to load cans and drive trucks. Pilots jobs are to fly the freight globally. Fred's job made it happen.

Please tell me more about how it's a bad thing to come from money? If that statement even has any merit. Cheating and lying ok, maybe. And a killer?

Read some of my past posts about Fred's trail of bodies and the way he cheated his own family. Also not the world's most ethical businessman. Fred reneged on everything he promised senior employees too, and stuck that extra money into Ground and his pockets. Do a little research and prove me wrong.

CJinx

By the time that happens, I'll have graduated college at the company's expense and will likely have been promoted or severed ties.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have you made that decision?

Hire me for $25 per hour with benefits and I'm gone. I'm approaching 50 and probably not exactly a prime candidate for most good-paying jobs. This is the situation for many people in my age category that work for Express. Is there any reason you don't seem to understand the problem?

bbsam

Staff member
Hire me for $25 per hour with benefits and I'm gone. I'm approaching 50 and probably not exactly a prime candidate for most good-paying jobs. This is the situation for many people in my age category that work for Express. Is there any reason you don't seem to understand the problem?
Nope. The problem is exactly how and why Fred has you stuck. You can't leave, you won't organize...hell, he's got alot of you for another 15 years to bleed your incomes at will. You need to explain it to the rest of your topped out couriers.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Very soon for many senior employees. I would say within 2 to 5 years we will all be gone. Nothing left but ground type's, you know, tats, grills, moobs
Don't forget the Budget, Penske trucks masquerading as ground,hd trucks..One conmans trucks are so unsafe he is running 2 rentals,and the other 3 are just pos....Thank god I can pick and choose when and where I want to work,just to get out of the house..never ever again with greedy conmen whose god is the almighty dollar.....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nope. The problem is exactly how and why Fred has you stuck. You can't leave, you won't organize...hell, he's got alot of you for another 15 years to bleed your incomes at will. You need to explain it to the rest of your topped out couriers.

Sure, smart guy. I can single-handedly overcome the RLA, find a new career at approximately age 50, and lead an organization drive with no Teamster support. Can I send you a flashlight so you can see around with your head so far up your butt? Jesus, what a dummy.

bbsam

Staff member
Sure, smart guy. I can single-handedly overcome the RLA, find a new career at approximately age 50, and lead an organization drive with no Teamster support. Can I send you a flashlight so you can see around with your head so far up your butt? Jesus, what a dummy.
Now you resort to calling names? I understand you're frustrated but I stand by the facts. If at near age 50 you are unable to convince the majority of couriers to sign cards and organize, then yes, you're screwed. You're stuck. But the cards were stacked against you all along. You and I have known this for years. So who's the "dummy"? Me, you, or the thousands of couriers too afraid to lose what they have for the chance to have something better for themselves and those who come after?

bbsam

Staff member
Don't forget the Budget, Penske trucks masquerading as ground,hd trucks..One conmans trucks are so unsafe he is running 2 rentals,and the other 3 are just pos....Thank god I can pick and choose when and where I want to work,just to get out of the house..never ever again with greedy conmen whose god is the almighty dollar.....
. That's silly. I rent two Ryders. Know why? Because economicallyit makes sense. It's about the same cost as buying a new truck without the maintenance expense. Been doing it for a couple years in some outlying areas. Initially I did it to see how durable Sprinters are.

ImWaitingForTheDay

. That's silly. I rent two Ryders. Know why? Because economicallyit makes sense. It's about the same cost as buying a new truck without the maintenance expense. Been doing it for a couple years in some outlying areas. Initially I did it to see how durable Sprinters are.
What about the Drivers who have to work out of the rentals??No side doors to work out of..opening the door into traffic,Getting soaked when It's raining..of coarse it's silly to you,who cares what dangers the driver has to deal with as long as you bow down to the almighty dollar....Hope the purple flu doesn't find your psa.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't have psa's. I have a CSA. But to tell you the truth, the routes that have the rentals are simply better suited for them. Routes with 40 to 70 stops and some bulk pickups. I could buy several old Express 700s but I doubt that would please either driver. Much colder in the winter, hotter in the summer. Far more comfortable overall.

ImWaitingForTheDay

I don't have psa's. I have a CSA. But to tell you the truth, the routes that have the rentals are simply better suited for them. Routes with 40 to 70 stops and some bulk pickups. I could buy several old Express 700s but I doubt that would please either driver. Much colder in the winter, hotter in the summer. Far more comfortable overall.
As I have worked out of every truck at my location,I will strongly disagree with you..How can it be more comfortable when you have you get out of the truck INTO traffic??Crazy windy days,when the door will dislocate fingers,shoulders..As usual to heck with Safety,as long as its economical..thats the First thing you referenced in your post...save a few pennys screw the worker,that how I see it..You are the model contractor.