Online Grievance

Fullhouse

Just wondering if there are any locals out there offering online grievance forms for members to fill out? What would be the pros or cons of such a thing?
Would the locals be obligated to them?
Should a grievance be accepted if it scanned and emailed instead of faxed in to the local?
I ask because we have access to an online grievance form for Local 509 members using an original as a template. Good idea or not?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'd like a site that has pre-printed grievances, so's all I have to do is sign my name and drop it off on my center manager's desk. :wink2:

Fullhouse

Here is a copy that has been converted by one of our members. It's pretty convenient, comes with spell check too! We all had problems not being able to read copies. I hate to say it, but some people always make mistakes when they hand write grievances and this just seems to help make life just a little easier.
Grievance

705red

Browncafe Steward
I would love to have our forms online so i could type them out. My hand writing is horrible, and even i have a hard time reading some of the carbon copies.

Jusst a question, do you xerox the grievance when you present it? The forms we use here seem a little more deteiled and also have 3 carbon copies, one for ups, one for the grievant, one for the union and one for the steward!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I would love to have our forms online so i could type them out. My hand writing is horrible, and even i have a hard time reading some of the carbon copies.

Jusst a question, do you xerox the grievance when you present it? The forms we use here seem a little more deteiled and also have 3 carbon copies, one for ups, one for the grievant, one for the union and one for the steward!

You know you're old, when you use the word, XEROX, instead of copy.:surprised:

Fullhouse

Nah just print it 3 times and place a carbon between the printed pages. If you look at the bottom it says Local copy Employer copy and steward copy. I just circle which one goes where.