Online sales leap 20 percent on Black Friday..39 percent on Thanksgiving Day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah. This year they open at 6pm next year 6am. Two years later, there's a market to fulfill.

I asked the receiving clerk at Walmart about this the other day and she told me that they will be open all day long but that the specials wouldn't start until 6pm. The same specials will be available online----why not just stay home and shop while watching football?

I also watched them unload the crowd control barriers the other day. Have we all lost our minds?

bbsam

Staff member
I do wonder that more states don't allow auto sales on Sundays. I thought that would be commonplace by now.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I asked the receiving clerk at Walmart about this the other day and she told me that they will be open all day long but that the specials wouldn't start until 6pm. The same specials will be available online----why not just stay home and shop while watching football?

I also watched them unload the crowd control barriers the other day. Have we all lost our minds?

We did the Black Friday shopping trip once about 10 years ago. Even back then, not worth it to me.
Now it's even worse. So many people that they need crowd control barriers? Every year, the news shows fights & someone getting trampled to death? No thanks. I'll sit in the comfort of my recliner, shop online & wait for it to show up at my door.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did it one year-----Walmart had a sewing machine that my daughter wanted which was half off on Black Friday. I went in, got the machine and left. Was it worth it? Yes and no. My daughter loved it (still has it) but if it were up to me I would have stayed home.

UPSER110

I hope and pray that at some point our society takes a hard look at itself in regards to the insane consumerism of Black Friday. I hope and pray that some day the people who are standing in line outside of a Walmart at 4:00AM...or worse yet giving up Thanksgiving with their families in order to be herded into a mall...look around at one another and ask "why in the hell are we doing this?"

I agree with you there brother!!