Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Probably both.
All of the drivers behind the Tesla are at fault.

How is it that no one on a UPS forum understands following distance?

Also, even if the braking was unreasonable, if it were followed by other Teslas, those Teslas would brake in time.

The fault was that it was being followed by humans.

A line of FSD Teslas wouldn't crash, because they have perfect reaction time. Humans are the weak link.

vantexan

All of the drivers behind the Tesla are at fault.

How is it that no one on a UPS forum understands following distance?

Also, even if the braking was unreasonable, if it were followed by other Teslas, those Teslas would brake in time.

The fault was that it was being followed by humans.

A line of FSD Teslas wouldn't crash, because they have perfect reaction time. Humans are the weak link.
That's it! Get rid of the humans!

wilberforce15

I don’t know about Teslas but batteries in general seem to struggle in the extreme cold.

Last week my phone will go from 80% charged to 20% in like a half hour because it was super cold🤷‍♂️
Yes, the temporary capacity decline in cold is quite well known. This is an entire article about a single malfunction that hasn't occurred in any other cars.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

• The GB110 is the first high performance car that will be supplied with fuel made out of waste plastic materials
  • Bertone hasn't revealed a price for the car but it will be 'akin to a piece of art' that modifications for each user
  • Italian automobile firm Bertone has revealed renders for the new Bertone GB110 set to be released in 2024

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Watch the video, all those charging stations not being used.
A video shared on Twitter shows trash and homeless encampments surrounding one of the local Blink electric vehicle charging stations in downtown LA

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Watch the video, all those charging stations not being used.
A video shared on Twitter shows trash and homeless encampments surrounding one of the local Blink electric vehicle charging stations in downtown LA
That’s the one Wilbur uses

qdg2

NPR had a recent story on AI and trucking. This is remarkable because the reporter actually stated that AI was nowhere near actually being capable of self-driving vehicles. There wasn't much speculation on when this would occur...

The story focused on AI(actually cameras on the driver). Focusing on fatigue and "mgt." of the driver. Stressing "safety".

The story went on to address how many truckers get into the business to get away from micro-mgt. and oversight. Pay was also addressed.

I recently asked several folks if they would use a self-driving taxi or even a self-flying plane(keeping in mind these were fellow A&P mechanics)....all said ...no.

qdg2

I would encourage everyone to do some basic research on how "electric" cars are made....i.e. the batteries.

The environmental destruction and human misery is remarkable. So contrary to the left-wing narrative as electric vehicles being the savior of mankind and the planet. But then the left's narrative and reality....rarely collide.