Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

rickyb

Yes, they are.
I have the freedom to travel anywhere I choose.
Stay for how ever I wish.
And at any moment I can just leave.
No waiting around for tracks to be repaired, waiting for railroad strikers to come back to work, and no more waiting for freight lines to clear.
dont cross the picket line. you obviously dont have to wait for tracks to be repaired, thats a lack of political will power not whatever you think it is.

whats the solution for congestion and rush hour? not more cars!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A majority of all populations live near coastline.
China only has one coastline.
The USA has many.
dont cross the picket line. you obviously dont have to wait for tracks to be repaired, thats a lack of political will power not whatever you think it is.

whats the solution for congestion and rush hour? not more cars!
With all the wild weather we have, railroad tracks are always being washed away.

rickyb

A majority of all populations live near coastline.
China only has one coastline.
The USA has many.

With all the wild weather we have, railroad tracks are always being washed away.
so your solution to wild weather reminds me of the scene in talladega where rickyb prys the knife in his leg out with another knife

1712610328398.png

vantexan

theres high speed rail between leeds and york UK. 2x as fast as driving. high speed between bern and basel switzerland, faster than driving.

View attachment 478833
Again, that's city to city. An alternative to flying. That's not people going to work in rush hour traffic every morning and returning in the late afternoon. Those two examples you gave don't solve traffic congestion.

rickyb

Again, that's city to city. An alternative to flying. That's not people going to work in rush hour traffic every morning and returning in the late afternoon. Those two examples you gave don't solve traffic congestion.
yes thats a partial solution to rush hour because in rush hour its quite often city to city ;)

vantexan

yes thats a partial solution to rush hour because in rush hour its quite often city to city ;)
Only if you're talking city to suburb. You can put in light rail but people still have to drive to and from train stations. High speed bullet trains won't help.

rickyb

Only if you're talking city to suburb. You can put in light rail but people still have to drive to and from train stations. High speed bullet trains won't help.
people do it every day here, driving city to city in rush hour. the 2 distances i quoted are the same as a rush hour drive. people dont have to drive to train stations, but they could do that and it would still be better than if they drove the whole way.

vantexan

people do it every day here, driving city to city in rush hour. the 2 distances i quoted are the same as a rush hour drive. people dont have to drive to train stations, but they could do that and it would still be better than if they drove the whole way.
If the weather is bad they drive. If station is more than a mile away they drive. And there won't be enough trains to handle everyone.

As far as efficiency goes I can go from my home immediately into my vehicle. Drive directly to where I want or need to be. With a bus I have to walk to bus stop. I have to wait. I have to then ride bus for however long it takes to get to terminal where I board a bus that will get me close to my destination. Then once at stop walk to my destination. The whole process can take more than an hour for what took me 10-15 minutes with a car.

Most people in rush hour are driving from home to work in the city or metropolitan area they live in. They aren't taking a bullet train from New York to Boston as a daily commute. Your solution is anything but.

rickyb

If the weather is bad they drive. If station is more than a mile away they drive. And there won't be enough trains to handle everyone.

As far as efficiency goes I can go from my home immediately into my vehicle. Drive directly to where I want or need to be. With a bus I have to walk to bus stop. I have to wait. I have to then ride bus for however long it takes to get to terminal where I board a bus that will get me close to my destination. Then once at stop walk to my destination. The whole process can take more than an hour for what took me 10-15 minutes with a car.

Most people in rush hour are driving from home to work in the city or metropolitan area they live in. They aren't taking a bullet train from New York to Boston as a daily commute. Your solution is anything but.
i picked a random sites in york and leeds UK and its only 15 minutes slower. and when i type the cities names in its 20 minutes faster by public transit. normally the drive would be 41 minutes. they have a high speed train that goes between these 2 cities.

ill give you a personal example with different jobs i worked. i crossed 1 city, crossed 1 city, crossed 3 cities, crossed 3 cities, crossed 3 cities. so i dont think what your saying measures up, especially with housing prices people are for sure crossing many cities to go to work. we are land locked here too we go mostly east or west and a little south.

why cant there be enough trains to handle everyone. of course there can be.

vantexan

i picked a random sites in york and leeds UK and its only 15 minutes slower. and when i type the cities names in its 20 minutes faster by public transit. normally the drive would be 41 minutes. they have a high speed train that goes between these 2 cities.

ill give you a personal example with different jobs i worked. i crossed 1 city, crossed 1 city, crossed 3 cities, crossed 3 cities, crossed 3 cities. so i dont think what your saying measures up, especially with housing prices people are for sure crossing many cities to go to work. we are land locked here too we go mostly east or west and a little south.

why cant there be enough trains to handle everyone. of course there can be.
You'd have to tear down everything to put in rail lines. Most people work jobs that are at most 20 minutes drive from home. You just want what you want and don't care about costs, inconvenience. Must get rid of cars at all costs.

rickyb

You'd have to tear down everything to put in rail lines. Most people work jobs that are at most 20 minutes drive from home. You just want what you want and don't care about costs, inconvenience. Must get rid of cars at all costs.
a lot of my former coworkers crossed many cities to go to work.

europe has rail lines. europe is older than here.

yea i dont want to be inconvienced by rush hour or congestion pricing or even driving. driving is hard work, i could be on my phone.

vantexan

a lot of my former coworkers crossed many cities to go to work.

europe has rail lines. europe is older than here.

yea i dont want to be inconvienced by rush hour or congestion pricing or even driving. driving is hard work, i could be on my phone.
Europe has high speed trains connecting cities. They don't have them everywhere like you want. They still have to catch buses or taxis to and from the stations. It's anything but efficient. NYC is the only city in the U.S. that has more people using public transportation than own cars. Makes perfect sense if you're living in a relatively small area with people stacked up on top of each other. But in a typical American metro area with a core big city surrounded by smaller suburb cities you'd have to figure on serious amounts of time to use public transportation to get to and from work. Unless you live and work on the same bus route or there's a light rail station within a few blocks that will take you close to where you work. Most people aren't that lucky.

rickyb

Europe has high speed trains connecting cities. They don't have them everywhere like you want. They still have to catch buses or taxis to and from the stations. It's anything but efficient. NYC is the only city in the U.S. that has more people using public transportation than own cars. Makes perfect sense if you're living in a relatively small area with people stacked up on top of each other. But in a typical American metro area with a core big city surrounded by smaller suburb cities you'd have to figure on serious amounts of time to use public transportation to get to and from work. Unless you live and work on the same bus route or there's a light rail station within a few blocks that will take you close to where you work. Most people aren't that lucky.
ill take 2 more cities to give you an example how theyre using high speed trains instead of cars. between alicante spain and murcia, its the same speed to drive in no rush hour as it is to take the train in rush hour. so the train is still faster. 55 min drive no rush hour. the high speed train goes 155 mph.

if i add random destinations in both cities, then public transport is 30 minutes slower

if its a 55 minute drive, that means they could have a high speed train in my metro area.

Huesca, Spain and zaragoza is a 55 min car ride no rush hour and the train in rush hour is 45 minutes. the train goes 135 mph.

vantexan

ill take 2 more cities to give you an example how theyre using high speed trains instead of cars. between alicante spain and murcia, its the same speed to drive in no rush hour as it is to take the train in rush hour. so the train is still faster. 55 min drive no rush hour. the high speed train goes 155 mph.

if i add random destinations in both cities, then public transport is 30 minutes slower

if its a 55 minute drive, that means they could have a high speed train in my metro area.

Huesca, Spain and zaragoza is a 55 min car ride no rush hour and the train in rush hour is 45 minutes. the train goes 135 mph.
But that's between cities. Please show me where the population of one city travels a long distance to work in another city while that other city's population does likewise? Most people get up and drive to work in the city they live in or to the city next door. There are always exceptions but most people just aren't doing what you say and their car is the most efficient way to get there.

rickyb

But that's between cities. Please show me where the population of one city travels a long distance to work in another city while that other city's population does likewise? Most people get up and drive to work in the city they live in or to the city next door. There are always exceptions but most people just aren't doing what you say and their car is the most efficient way to get there.
a lot of people where i lived did that including myself at times.