Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
More disappointing news.
BP has cut over a tenth of the workforce in its electric vehicle charging business and pulled it out of several markets after a bet on rapid growth in commercial EV fleets didn’t pay off, company sources said.
BP Pulse reduced the number of countries it operates in from 12 to four in recent months, focusing now on the United States, Britain, Germany and China, where it expects the fastest growth in the EV market, BP told Reuters.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
theres high speed rail between leeds and york UK. 2x as fast as driving. high speed between bern and basel switzerland, faster than driving.

View attachment 478833
The train tickets for a round trip on your mentioned route would be roughly 20 dollars.

It's 26 miles, and my car gets well over 30 MPG.
I'd sooner spend 7 dollars on gas and be by myself, instead of spending 20 dollars, and having to share my space with others.

rickyb

The train tickets for a round trip on your mentioned route would be roughly 20 dollars.

It's 26 miles, and my car gets well over 30 MPG.
I'd sooner spend 7 dollars on gas and be by myself, instead of spending 20 dollars, and having to share my space with others.
i never calculated the prices so thanks. ok youre considering gas, but theres also maintenance and cost of buying a car.

id rather be on a train on my computer.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
i never calculated the prices so thanks. ok youre considering gas, but theres also maintenance and cost of buying a car.

id rather be on a train on my computer.
Preferences are fine. I’m glad you have the option to use the train.

I’m just pretty sure it wouldn’t cost me 13 dollars a day in maintenance, and I want to own a car.

rickyb

Preferences are fine. I’m glad you have the option to use the train.

I’m just pretty sure it wouldn’t cost me 13 dollars a day in maintenance, and I want to own a car.
if my car lasts me 300,000 km then it costs 7.3 cents / km, so 7.3 times 41km = $3 in costs to buy + maintenance + $5.20 per day in insurance + gas whatever that is.

no i dont have hte option to use the high speed train i gotta gtfo aye caramba

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
if my car lasts me 300,000 km then it costs 7.3 cents / km, so 7.3 times 41km = $3 in costs to buy + maintenance + $5.20 per day in insurance + gas whatever that is.

no i dont have hte option to use the high speed train i gotta gtfo aye caramba
My car should be good for 300,000 KM yet. Cost me about 18K. So $0.06 times 41km = $2.5.

$7.0 a day in gas.
$4 a day in insurance costs.
$2.5 a day in purchase costs.
$0.3 a day in plate costs.

So $13.80 plus maintenance.

I come out ahead owning a vehicle as long as I spend less than 185 dollars a month on upkeep.

rickyb

My car should be good for 300,000 KM yet. Cost me about 18K. So $0.06 times 41km = $2.5.

$7.0 a day in gas.
$4 a day in insurance costs.
$2.5 a day in purchase costs.
$0.3 a day in plate costs.

So $13.80 plus maintenance.

I come out ahead owning a vehicle as long as I spend less than 185 dollars a month on upkeep.
your car must be more now no? i got a sub compact. or maybe you got that american discount :)

i couldnt figure out maintenance, i went in today to put on all seasons and oil change and that was 140, but i dont know the rest.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
your car must be more now no? i got a sub compact. or maybe you got that american discount :)

i couldnt figure out maintenance, i went in today to put on all seasons and oil change and that was 140, but i dont know the rest.
A couple thousand more tops. I did get a reasonable deal, but that could be anyone with a little patience.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Tesla has reportedly halted all Cybertruck deliveries due to a potentially fatal flaw that causes the accelerator pedal to become stuck.

Many customers claimed to have received messages from Tesla and car dealerships, notifying them that their delivery appointment had been canceled, with some messages saying shipments will not commence until after April 20.