Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just go buy a cheap older used truck.
Affordable, reliable EV trucks aren’t on the horizon anytime soon. Even the even the ICE new truck market is a complete wreck right now. Car companies trying to turn trucks into luxury vehicles.
Kind of hard to find a good affordable used truck. Tons of people want them because new ones are over priced SUVs with a truck bed attached.

I gave up.
Put a tow hitch on my wife's SUV and just rent a uhaul trailer for 25 bucks when I need to haul something. It's inconvenient to pickup and drop off a trailer but oh well.

Thebrownblob

Kind of hard to find a good affordable used truck. Tons of people want them because new ones are over priced SUVs with a truck bed attached.

I gave up.
Put a tow hitch on my wife's SUV and just rent a uhaul trailer for 25 bucks when I need to haul something. It's inconvenient to pickup and drop off a trailer but oh well.
Definitely a lot more difficult now. Did a quick search on craigslist in my area if I was in the market, there’s probably eight or nine of them that would be worth looking at under 10 K.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Finally. My Tesla arrived....
1717073578398.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy

But there’s a catch — five of them, to be exact. In the survey of 3,000 consumers, participants say they would convert to EVs if automakers met these key median requirements:

• 20-minute charging times;
  • 30-minute detour and wait times for fast-charging stations;
  • a 350-mile driving range;
  • a price of $50,000;
  • and a greater variety of vehicles.
Only one vehicle available today — the Hyundai Ioniq 6, first sold in the US in March 2023 — meets these thresholds.

tourists24

But there’s a catch — five of them, to be exact. In the survey of 3,000 consumers, participants say they would convert to EVs if automakers met these key median requirements:

• a price of $50,000;
Only one vehicle available today — the Hyundai Ioniq 6, first sold in the US in March 2023 — meets these thresholds.
Still going to take a lot more than that before I buy one. When it's cheaper, faster, and more convenient to get one is when I switch

rickyb

Banned

• a price of $50,000;
protectionism preventing superior china auto makers from entering US market.