Only Grace "On Topic"

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My bad. Please reread viewing the G as a g. Maybe that will help. Sorry for the confusion.

Knowing you, your confusion is not genuine. Probably just want to throw your 2 cents in without really contributing much. We'll see if you actually contribute.

You know what they say about “assumptions”

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Grace is divine influence which operates in humans to change and to spiritually improve, to inspire virtuous acts, and to give strength to endure trial and resist temptation.

What you are defining is more akin to what some believe the holy spirit to be.

"An accurate, common definition describes grace as the unmerited favor of God toward man."
https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/grace/

If it helps you to know you have God's favor, even though you don't deserve it, that's great. But don't make it out to be something it's not.

0K88RxtuqAZm6b8E5P568HXxQVrnQvPnklGVGymvl4c.jpg

img_1093.jpg

b20b4be44f44b04b3389dfa8019438e9.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

My bad. Please reread viewing the G as a g. Maybe that will help. Sorry for the confusion.

Knowing you, your confusion is not genuine. Probably just want to throw your 2 cents in without really contributing much. We'll see if you actually contribute.
Why dont YOU give a little grace to @moreluck since you started this thread as though you understand the real term...
forgiveness, just "giving someone a break", or overlooking someone else's mistake?

F

Frankie's Friend

You have been around long enough to know that only God's grace is going to change the character of some of the BC members, not my definition, but I'll bite.

Grace is divine influence which operates in humans to change and to spiritually improve, to inspire virtuous acts, and to give strength to endure trial and resist temptation.

Peace.​
God's grace wasnt given to change character. It was to break the power of sin that required a judgement.
Character change is "works" and works doesn't come before the total wiping out of the sentence looming for sin. The thief on the cross that accepted God's grace never had a chance to portray character change so why do you require it of BC participants? That's judging, not grace on your part.
Faith precludes accepted grace. Not the other way around.
So give the rest of the folks here some grace without pointing out their alleged need for it.
That's one of the reasons people have lost their will to go to church and fellowship with others. They don't feel that their contribution is worthwhile due to the judgemental attitudes of those who received grace themselves but fail to incorporate it in how they percieve the other human being around them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster

What you are defining is more akin to what some believe the holy spirit to be.

"An accurate, common definition describes grace as the unmerited favor of God toward man."
What is Grace? Bible Meaning and Definition

If it helps you to know you have God's favor, even though you don't deserve it, that's great. But don't make it out to be something it's not.

View attachment 246068
View attachment 246069
View attachment 246070
If that's the way you see it.

Have you recognized this needed Grace in your life and the lives of your loved ones ones?

Integrity

Binge Poster
God's grace wasnt given to change character. It was to break the power of sin that required a judgement.
Character change is "works" and works doesn't come before the total wiping out of the sentence looming for sin. The thief on the cross that accepted God's grace never had a chance to portray character change so why do you require it of BC participants? That's judging, not grace on your part.
Faith precludes accepted grace. Not the other way around.
So give the rest of the folks here some grace without pointing out their alleged need for it.
That's one of the reasons people have lost their will to go to church and fellowship with others. They don't feel that their contribution is worthwhile due to the judgemental attitudes of those who received grace themselves but fail to incorporate it in how they percieve the other human being around them.
I understand your perspective but not 100% in line with your thinking on this.

I judge no one.

Have you recognized this needed Grace in your life and the lives of your loved ones ones.

Is integrity at the core of how you live?

F

Frankie's Friend

Judgmental and presumptuous.
No grace added.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If that's the way you see it.

Have you recognized this needed Grace in your life and the lives of your loved ones ones?

I don't understand the question. Are you asking, based on my post, as though grace and the Holy Spirit are one and the same? You state that grace (Holy Spirit or not) is needed, which is fine, but I don't know if we have an agreement about what that means. It is certainly not my place to decide if my loved ones need God's grace, but I do show them my grace, whether I think they deserve it or not. That is what God does, and as a follower of Christ I seek to draw closer to God.

I have never had a religious experience, which is what I think you mean when you talk about grace as an influence, a force if you will, from God. That's particularly problematic having grown up in a charismatic church. Never spoke in tongues, never shook or lurched all over the church floor. I couldn't quite explain it, we always just had gone there.

Then there was a time when I got into an accident, and couldn't go to school. But when I finally came back, my hair had turned from black into bright white. Don't get me started on the birthmarks...

Mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmm.....

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't understand the question. Are you asking, based on my post, as though grace and the Holy Spirit are one and the same? You state that grace (Holy Spirit or not) is needed, which is fine, but I don't know if we have an agreement about what that means. It is certainly not my place to decide if my loved ones need God's grace, but I do show them my grace, whether I think they deserve it or not. That is what God does, and as a follower of Christ I seek to draw closer to God.

I have never had a religious experience, which is what I think you mean when you talk about grace as an influence, a force if you will, from God. That's particularly problematic having grown up in a charismatic church. Never spoke in tongues, never shook or lurched all over the church floor. I couldn't quite explain it, we always just had gone there.

Then there was a time when I got into an accident, and couldn't go to school. But when I finally came back, my hair had turned from black into bright white. Don't get me started on the birthmarks...

I appreciate your post and the thought put into your response.

I may expand on this reply later but for now I'll say I believe currently all humans are in need of God's grace.

Not to get too theological but:

I believe the Holy Spirit is God. The third person of the trinity.

I also believe the Holy Spirit is not grace.

I also believe grace is not God.

F

Frankie's Friend

Not that it matters but I disagree with this statement.

Is integrity at the core of all you do in life?
Evidently more at the core of what I believe and do than yourself who not only dodges your assertions that judges others on here but spews ideology that your posting does not parallel or mirror.

Not that anyone cares about poster board self proclaimed integrity.

I know a handful of guys on here that live what they believe but dont have to go around telling everyone how honest they are and question everyone else's integrity.

Everyone's journey is not without judgement but is definitely not judged by you or anyone else on here.

Do you remember the story Jesus told about the person who didnt know what the truth was and died but received a light punishment because he never knew.

Then was the other group who received a severe punishment because they knew what was right and refused to obey it.

Be real, integrity is subject to a set of moral rules. When belief and faith causes a person's conscience to steer their ship toward the end of the race while endeavoring to do what is right along the way you can say it was because of a decision to get to the prize/reward at the finish line.

Otherwise, you may as well party down because according to the Bible this is the best it will get for them.

Are you a debtor? What have you changed to live worthy of grace?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I appreciate your post and the thought put into your response.

I may expand on this reply later but for now I'll say I believe currently all humans are in need of God's grace.

I think all humans have God's grace, or are in God's graces, as a function of God's nature. It is what they do as a result of that grace, and whether they accept the gift of salvation that really matters.

F

Frankie's Friend

I think all humans have God's grace, or are in God's graces, as a function of God's nature. It is what they do as a result of that grace, and whether they accept the gift of salvation that really matters.
It rains on the just and the unjust.
What you do with what you received is the part that will be judged.
Integrity, as a moral lifestyle is impossible to attain without forgiveness on a daily basis.

When Solomon dedicated the temple he built it was written that God told him if he was like his dad (David) that God would be with him to support him. What?
Like his dad? Adulterer and murderer? God said he was a man of integrity?

But David repented of his horrible actions, asked forgiveness, and God removed it from his "record".

Very few people have unblemished integrity in their dealings. But the real ticket is forgiveness and after that thankfulness for that grace which will spurn a truly thankful person to want to obey God by living a life of honesty.

Integrity is only a chosen by product of unwarranted grace/forgiveness.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It rains on the just and the unjust.
What you do with what you received is the part that will be judged.
Integrity, as a moral lifestyle is impossible to attain without forgiveness on a daily basis.

When Solomon dedicated the temple he built it was written that God told him if he was like his dad (David) that God would be with him to support him. What?
Like his dad? Adulterer and murderer? God said he was a man of integrity?

But David repented of his horrible actions, asked forgiveness, and God removed it from his "record".

Very few people have unblemished integrity in their dealings. But the real ticket is forgiveness and after that thankfulness for that grace which will spurn a truly thankful person to want to obey God by living a life of honesty.

Integrity is only a chosen by product of unwarranted grace/forgiveness.

I prefer the definiton of integrity of being whole and undivided, as that is the precursor to being honest and moral. A person who is riddled with inner conflict and doubt is more likely to compromise his/her morals.

Maslow calls it self-actualization, and it is at the top of his hierarchy of needs. Jesus showed the world how to be actualized, how to be integrated, without worrying about the physical and emotional needs coming first:

Matthew 6:25 - 34
"25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[5]? 28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you-you of little faith?31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

F

Frankie's Friend

I prefer the definiton of integrity of being whole and undivided, as that is the precursor to being honest and moral. A person who is riddled with inner conflict and doubt is more likely to compromise his/her morals.

Maslow calls it self-actualization, and it is at the top of his hierarchy of needs. Jesus showed the world how to be actualized, how to be integrated, without worrying about the physical and emotional needs coming first:

Matthew 6:25 - 34
"25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[5]? 28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you-you of little faith?31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Who on their own steam is "whole and undivided"?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

And did your parents make you come right home after school?

F

Frankie's Friend

What is the cost of a life lived with integrity because of faith?
coptic-christians-beheading-in-2015.jpg

It's not just posting on an internet forum.
Talk is cheap.

What would you trade for your soul?