OOPS WRONG GUY! How Much Will His Payday Be?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
True. Please show me a place anywhere in the world right now where millions of one race or ethnic group are being enslaved in the manner of millions of blacks were enslaved by whites in the U.S. South for centuries?
Collectively I’m sure millions are enslaved. But because they’re not black, you’re cool with it.

UnionStrong

Again, show me where one race or ethnic group has enslaved millions of another race or ethnic group today comparable to what was going on in the U.S. South?
What difference does it make if it’s one race! Get off the soap box. Go tell the enslaved people today it’s ok, it’s not one race. How :censored2:in stupid.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Stage two of lottery winning story!

vantexan

What difference does it make if it’s one race! Get off the soap box. Go tell the enslaved people today it’s ok, it’s not one race. How :censored2:in stupid.
The difference is I've read post after post on this forum over the years where blacks as a whole are evil, ignorant, criminal, etc and that slavery in the U.S. wasn't that bad, they got what they deserved, etc. And if anyone disputes that, the racism is doubled down on. Tired of the B.S. from people like @Lineandinitial

You should look at your slavery sources. One said 27 million. Another said 50 million. Definition of slavery may depend on where you're at. Looks like we're calling slavery what another culture calls an arranged marriage. Forced labor from prisoners of war. Yes, there's modern slavery. Please point me to the countries where there are slave markets, slaves working the fields in mass numbers. What we had in the South was institutionalized, systematic.

Someone grabbed and locked away to do all the chores in a home is a slave, no doubt. Difference is in most of those situations if the perpetrators are caught they will be prosecuted. Big difference from the American South.

UnionStrong

The difference is I've read post after post on this forum over the years where blacks as a whole are evil, ignorant, criminal, etc and that slavery in the U.S. wasn't that bad, they got what they deserved, etc. And if anyone disputes that, the racism is doubled down on. Tired of the B.S. from people like @Lineandinitial

You should look at your slavery sources. One said 27 million. Another said 50 million. Definition of slavery may depend on where you're at. Looks like we're calling slavery what another culture calls an arranged marriage. Forced labor from prisoners of war. Yes, there's modern slavery. Please point me to the countries where there are slave markets, slaves working the fields in mass numbers. What we had in the South was institutionalized, systematic.

Someone grabbed and locked away to do all the chores in a home is a slave, no doubt. Difference is in most of those situations if the perpetrators are caught they will be prosecuted. Big difference from the American South.
I’m sure there are no slave markets, it’s illicit and underground

UnionStrong

Snowwwwwwwflake.
Snap out of it.
IMG_4918.gif

Thebrownblob

Good grief I’m not sure what happened in this thread, but I will just say slavery in any form is torture, and evil. Anyone downplaying it really needs to rethink that.
I will refer back to a gentleman whose work I adore and feel has a much better grasp of things than I do…..Thomas Sowell

“The message pounded home again and again is that white people enslaved black people.
It is true, just as it is true that I don't go sky-diving with blacks. But it is also false in its implications for the same reason. Just as Europeans enslaved Africans, North Africans enslaved Europeans; more Europeans than there were Africans enslaved in the United States and in the 13 colonies from which it was formed.”

UnionStrong

Good grief I’m not sure what happened in this thread, but I will just say slavery in any form is torture, and evil. Anyone downplaying it really needs to rethink that.
I will refer back to a gentleman whose work I adore and feel has a much better grasp of things than I do…..Thomas Sowell

“The message pounded home again and again is that white people enslaved black people.
It is true, just as it is true that I don't go sky-diving with blacks. But it is also false in its implications for the same reason. Just as Europeans enslaved Africans, North Africans enslaved Europeans; more Europeans than there were Africans enslaved in the United States and in the 13 colonies from which it was formed.”

I like Sowell. That said, I wish I had a slave. Lol.