OOPS

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I used to work for the manager up there. We'll get you a room and a free ride to and from everyday.

I hope you like cheese and ranch dressing. They put that stuff on everything up there.
Ranch......
th

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I would assume the place where they hooked up the set was a decent proximity away from the freeway... I've dropped a box before and it happen about 10 feet from where I started...how would you get that far???
22 miles to the nearest center. He/she had to have traveled at least that far.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
For a trailer and dolly to completely detach from a front box due to equipment failure is next near to impossible, unless the driver didn't complete a proper pre trip and do what he is supposed to do. I was in feeders for 29 years and have more miles than I care to count under my belt, and I never saw that happen. Has to be the perfect storm. If the driver didn't latch the pintle hook, properly, yeah, it will come apart. A fully loaded pup will break a safety chain if it came detached from the front trailer. They are only as strong as their weakest link.

Johney

For a trailer and dolly to completely detach from a front box due to equipment failure is next near to impossible, unless the driver didn't complete a proper pre trip and do what he is supposed to do. I was in feeders for 29 years and have more miles than I care to count under my belt, and I never saw that happen. Has to be the perfect storm. If the driver didn't latch the pintle hook, properly, yeah, it will come apart. A fully loaded pup will break a safety chain if it came detached from the front trailer. They are only as strong as their weakest link.
I know you did this for a long time, but do you have data to prove that theory? Because I've heard stories of guys forgetting to put the pin in on the pintle and the dolly pop off yet never having the rear break away.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I remember our near-retirement driver coming into the shop with a panicked look. Dropped the trailer out in the middle of the street just out of the yard...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Drivers who deal with snow and ice earn every penny, I couldn't even imagine. We get icy roads every few years, I already decided I'm going to call in first time it happens. I'm a rookie coward and I'm totally ok with that.
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.
– John Wayne

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I know you did this for a long time, but do you have data to prove that theory? Because I've heard stories of guys forgetting to put the pin in on the pintle and the dolly pop off yet never having the rear break away.
Might not break away , but as sure as death and taxes ,,, it'll flip

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Driver fell asleep. Went into the grass. Woke up. Over corrected. Rolled back box.
Pic was taken after they removed front trailer which was a fargo ND load.
Tractor and trailer in the pic is the empty they brought to transfer packages to.