Oops,

yadig

I can hear it now, “that’s contractors”. “We at FedEx would never allow that to happen and we hold contractors to a high standard”. Blah, blah, what a joke we’ve become!

It will be fine

I can hear it now, “that’s contractors”. “We at FedEx would never allow that to happen and we hold contractors to a high standard”. Blah, blah, what a joke we’ve become!
No these are actual Express trucks. It’s been out there for a while. I’ve had dealers warn me about them before.
The dashboards on the freightliners would crap out around 100k miles and become unreadable. When you put a new one in it would reset the mileage to 0. FedEx just failed to disclose that and pretended the new readout was the correct mileage.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No these are actual Express trucks. It’s been out there for a while. I’ve had dealers warn me about them before.
The dashboards on the freightliners would crap out around 100k miles and become unreadable. When you put a new one in it would reset the mileage to 0. FedEx just failed to disclose that and pretended the new readout was the correct mileage.
That sounds about right. UPS crushes everything, but only after they’ve squeezed everything possible out of the equipment. They also avoid all liability.

Commercial Inside Release

There are $300 controllers that can rollback all kinds of digital odometers, and of course, many just replace the instrument cluster (without inputting the current mileage.

It makes buying a used vehicle spooky, when you find out that in most places, rolling back an odometer is only a misdemeanor... And, there are literally thousands of dollars to be made, by doing it.

Serf

We have so many trucks out our mechanics are working 7 days a week. I don’t know if our senior manager knows how to golf, but she keeps those hours. I love this place.

whenIgetthere

We have so many trucks out our mechanics are working 7 days a week. I don’t know if our senior manager knows how to golf, but she keeps those hours. I love this place.
I drove by the Mercedes dealership near my old station last week, there were at least a dozen Sprinters sitting by the repair side of the building, and a few Reach trucks there as well. Didn't see any obvious body damage from the street, so imagine mostly mechanical. And we weren't a large station either.

yadig

I stand corrected. It’s getting really bad!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That sounds about right. UPS crushes everything, but only after they’ve squeezed everything possible out of the equipment. They also avoid all liability.
IMG_2527.gif

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Paid off?
Don't know how it played out between the plaintiff and the other defendant.

FedEx filed a motion for judgement for dismissal and the court found in its favor, which someone will inevitably say FedEx paid off the judge, because FedEx always does.

yadig

FedEx filed a motion for judgement for dismissal and the court found in its favor, which someone will inevitably say FedEx paid off the judge, because FedEx always does.
The FedEx way

AB831

Are there any possible circumstances where you won’t defend the company?