Option week blackout

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
was told by center management team when I went to pick option week that July and August are blacked out! Spoke to other drivers ahead of me and they were told the same thing.
Any other centers running into this

Box Ox

Maybe corporate thinks the Union might have the balls to strike after the Company tries to make it eat a big fat take it or leave it turd during contract negotiations this summer. More folks available to threaten/try and turn.

Maybe corporate thinks the Union might have the balls to strike after the Company tries to make it eat a big fat take it or leave it turd during contract negotiations this summer. More folks available to threaten/try and turn.
Just might be due to coverage. They are always begging us to work through our vacations that time of the year.

killamjl

I was blacked out june-july-august-september-october-november-december.....I like the senority system, but no breaks for 7 months is a little crazy

Dr.Brownz

was told by center management team when I went to pick option week that July and August are blacked out! Spoke to other drivers ahead of me and they were told the same thing.

\That is a misinterpretation of what "optional week" means. The contract says you can't combine your individual option days for a full week in those months (i think it says September too), not your additional optional week granted in the vacation section of the contract.

FILE FILE FILE NOW

Johney

Or all high senior people took it off expecting the same thing? Hence closing out those weeks?

542thruNthru

In my local they have to accept it unless there is already a certain % of drivers off that given week. I would look at your contract to make sure they are not pulling a fast one.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I took one week off in July and one week off in August like I always do, its hot as Hell that time of the year. I'm third on seniority list out of 75 or so drivers, nice perk to have.

DOK

Our option weeks are the ones that are left after everyone has picked vacations. So they’re usually terrible weeks in February and March.

Gear

Parts on Order

I seen someone red X your post and thought, who did that? Apparently it was me. I removed it, total accident.