Orian= the new EDD???

Re-Raise

I also enjoy his posts and have learned a lot from them. I admire his patience when dealing with those who seem to refute anything he has to offer.

I am not a big conspiracy guy. I have also learned a lot from his posts. But what the hell is his job at UPS?

If he is really in charge of as many things as he claims , why would he care to patiently explain these things to us?

If he is as important as he claims he should at least be under as much stress as the porter in my center.

UPSGUY72

Hey pretzel_man where are you ??? Did you check out if the center I said has ORIAN ???

I suggest that if you want to talk about how a new program (system) works you get out and try first hand before you speak about it, instead of sitting behind your desk just reading some propaganda that someone in IT handed out to you.

The ORIAN system is a waste of money becasue I can and do the same thing it does in my head and better almost everyday and It doesn't cost the company any money.

pretzel_man

Hey pretzel_man where are you ??? Did you check out if the center I said has ORIAN ???

I suggest that if you want to talk about how a new program (system) works you get out and try first hand before you speak about it, instead of sitting behind your desk just reading some propaganda that someone in IT handed out to you.

The ORIAN system is a waste of money becasue I can and do the same thing it does in my head and better almost everyday and It doesn't cost the company any money.

I am checking with my friends. I will find out the story. Just have not done so yet.

I also need to think about what is appropriate to post on a public board. I know that company is testing this. I'm sure I can find out what happened in Pittsfield and others. Posting this information may not be the right thing to do.

As far as things others have said... I am not a company shill. Yes, I only post when I think I can add information.

I understand I don't post lighhearted things. Sorry. Its a personality flaw I have.

paidover95

Its impossible to follow that system at peak with your pkg car jammed front to back/top to bottom.Even yet with any route that has a lot of bulk in it.This system was designed to cut miles,while the dispatch guy cuts routes and adds miles!!!They work against each other.If he was held accountable for the amount of miles he was allowed to dispatch,then maybe that system would be more effective.

Re-Raise

I am checking with my friends. I will find out the story. Just have not done so yet.

I also need to think about what is appropriate to post on a public board. I know that company is testing this. I'm sure I can find out what happened in Pittsfield and others. Posting this information may not be the right thing to do.

As far as things others have said... I am not a company shill. Yes, I only post when I think I can add information.

I understand I don't post lighhearted things. Sorry. Its a personality flaw I have.

Your post somehow makes me think of HAL in 2001 .

Your powers scare me a little bit. Are you watching me now..

I've heard of a new program in developement called "ORIAN".
It's like EDD accept it's more developed in that it sets up a smart trace (my words) based on actual stops on your route that day and not just set on a baseline loop system that EDD uses. It works in sink with GPS navigation and is suppossed to be a much more refined trace.
I'm curious, how well is it developed? Is it as it was told to me? I'd like to here what others might know about it, especially thoughs that are possably in the programming end of it.

Basically an GPS implented trace that actually works to driver benifit and not just for tracking our location.
It's sound like a great thing for us cover driver if we run blind on a route.
Sounds great! Looks like the companys push to make our jobs and everything else, non-skilled positions... Or at least to argue the point in future negotiations!

BrownArmy

It's funny to me when people chase Pretzel...

Where's Pretzel's dog in this hunt?

I'm inclined to agree with etc, etc...I see Pretzel as an objective member of this UPS forum.

As far as anyone knows, Pretzel is exactly what he/she says he/she is, which is an upper-level UPS somebody in the info-tech-something-bla-bla-bla-field.

(As far as anyone knows, BrownArmy is exactly what he/she says he/she is, which is an off-street-hire Package-car driver in the Greater-Boston area).

Pretzel is a UPSer.

For those wondering what Pretzel's exact job description/title/responsibilities/privileges etc. are, I encourage you to post your full name, center number, and home telephone number in your signature line on this forum.

Re-Raise

I am not chasing Pretzel. I just find it interesting that he will check with his freinds to find out what problems they are having with ORION in Pittsfeild Ma.

It is like he is overseeing the entire UPS workforce. Doesn't he have some actual job responsibilities at peak?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I am not chasing Pretzel. I just find it interesting that he will check with his freinds to find out what problems they are having with ORION in Pittsfeild Ma.

It is like he is overseeing the entire UPS workforce. Doesn't he have some actual job responsibilities at peak?

Corporate Internet Shill

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I will be truly impressed with ORIAN if it can be programmed to factor in the location of the bus stops that my peak helper relies upon for transportation to the work area when it is adjusting my delivery trace. This might be a hard concept for a cubicle-dweller to grasp, but if I want my helper to be available for peak I cannot just kick him/her off of the car out in the middle of nowhere the moment I am done working with them. Bus stops and bus schedules are yet another one of those pesky little variables that will never be successfully micromanaged from behind a desk.

UPSGUY72

The first thing you need to realize about Orian is that it doesn't rearrange you EDD automatically. In order to have the EDD rearranged you need to toogle over the symbol that replaces scheduled pickups symbol on you DIAD and press enter. Once your EDD is rearrange you can go back to the original EDD order by repeating the process.

They spend all this money on a system that you don't have to use if you don't want to. It a pain in the A-- now you have to change screens to be able to see you scheduled picks instead of simply highlighting the scheldued pick sysbol on the main screen of your DIAD.

pretzel_man

No... I am checking to see what happened in pittsfield. they have the statistics. After all these years, I have friends in many places.

It was said that ORION doesn't save any money. don't you think it is worthwhile seeing how Pittsfield has been doing?

If there were no savings, I will say so. I will report what I think appropriate.

After I report facts, I'm sure many will ignore them. I can't help that.

pretzel_man

It's funny to me when people chase Pretzel...

Where's Pretzel's dog in this hunt?

I'm inclined to agree with etc, etc...I see Pretzel as an objective member of this UPS forum.

As far as anyone knows, Pretzel is exactly what he/she says he/she is, which is an upper-level UPS somebody in the info-tech-something-bla-bla-bla-field.

(As far as anyone knows, BrownArmy is exactly what he/she says he/she is, which is an off-street-hire Package-car driver in the Greater-Boston area).

Pretzel is a UPSer.

For those wondering what Pretzel's exact job description/title/responsibilities/privileges etc. are, I encourage you to post your full name, center number, and home telephone number in your signature line on this forum.

or send me a pm....

Re-Raise

P-Man do you work in Atlanta?

Do your job responsibilities require you to constantly travel?

And finally if I pm you my name and location could you have the west end resi split taken off my route?