Orion 100%

AKCoverMan

All these people refusing to follow it are cowards. Claiming it’s because they care about their customers. They may care.
No, I’m no coward. Yes, I do care about my customers.

Doing my route my way is solely for the benefit of myself and my customers.

Doing 100% ORION would just make me hate my life all day long at work. No. Just….No!

AKCoverMan

I get the school of thought of just following thier stupid plan and letting it fail…and laughing at management when it does fail..and the whole “laughing all the way to the bank” angle. I do.

For me, I get more satisfaction out of doing it my (obvious!) right way and often beating their miles in process. ORION compliance has not been an issue here for quite some time.

21Savage

Plus, scrolling and finding stops is harder on the DIAD 6. Stops are now filled with unnecessary information which clutters everything up, instead of just a # and street.
Yeah I just deliver by physically looking at the packages now and going off what I actually see. Not worth it scrolling that terrible diad and orion.

BrownStains

Orion will have you delivering to the opposite side of a busy road or making unsafe left turns into busy intersections. I’m not going to get hit by somebody or crash just to follow that garbage .

AKCoverMan

Orion will have you delivering to the opposite side of a busy road or making unsafe left turns into busy intersections. I’m not going to get hit by somebody or crash just to follow that garbage .
On part of my route it wants me to go back and forth across controlled access highway multiple times. There is just one intersection so if you followed trace you would go back thru this same traffic light over and over again for like five or six stops In a row. How about……..No!

JL 0513

Are you guys getting trace updates after leaving the building on the Six? I haven’t had a “reshuffle“ since we switched over.
Unlike 5, the 6 update notice flashes on screen for a split second with no sound. Most of the time you'll miss it. That said, I noticed on many days with the DIAD 5, that Orion wouldn't update. All depends on how the communication is working.

Overpaid Union Thug

No, I’m no coward. Yes, I do care about my customers.

Doing my route my way is solely for the benefit of myself and my customers.

Doing 100% ORION would just make me hate my life all day long at work. No. Just….No!
I get the school of thought of just following thier stupid plan and letting it fail…and laughing at management when it does fail..and the whole “laughing all the way to the bank” angle. I do.

For me, I get more satisfaction out of doing it my (obvious!) right way and often beating their miles in process. ORION compliance has not been an issue here for quite some time.
The fact that you look at their numbers and get satisfaction out of “beating” them says otherwise.

AKCoverMan

The fact that you look at their numbers and get satisfaction out of “beating” them says otherwise.
They dont post any numbers for me to look at. When their pinball machine plan takes to far edge of route to start day then backtracks me there at 1900 for a business I know I have beaten their miles. Sorry…not going to be intentionally stupid in order to work later, piss off my customers, and spend entire day feeling like fingernails scraping chalk board in irritation.

But if it works for you, great!

Overpaid Union Thug

They dont post any numbers for me to look at. When their pinball machine plan takes to far edge of route to start day then backtracks me there at 1900 for a business I know I have beaten their miles. Sorry…not going to be intentionally stupid in order to work later, piss off my customers, and spend entire day feeling like fingernails scraping chalk board in irritation.

But if it works for you, great!
You don’t get it. Being “intentionally stupid” in the short term gets things fixed and therefore improves the routes for the long term. Those of us with the balls to run ORION have better dispatches than the rest of you. At minimum we get less work for the same hours. And while being able to service ALL our customers. So tell me again who’s getting irritated? 😂

AKCoverMan

And while following trace would make my work day suck, I seriously doubt anything would be fixed. Maybe that works where you are.

And even though I got a 4x4 now, I’m not turning in to businesses on the left hand side of devided highway when there is no crossover. I mean I suppose I could Dukes of Hazzard it over the median. Instead I just do the route in a way that works. Why does that irritate others? I don’t know….

Overpaid Union Thug

And while following trace would make my work day suck, I seriously doubt anything would be fixed. Maybe that works where you are.

And even though I got a 4x4 now, I’m not turning in to businesses on the left hand side of devided highway when there is no crossover. I mean I suppose I could Dukes of Hazzard it over the median. Instead I just do the route in a way that works. Why does that irritate others? I don’t know….
Just keep scrolling that manifest to unscramble their mess. The rest of us don’t need to because we never did in the first place. Having nothing to do with balls is right. If you still do all that. 😂

TopsyKrets

$41.51
You don’t get it. Being “intentionally stupid” in the short term gets things fixed and therefore improves the routes for the long term. Those of us with the balls to run ORION have better dispatches than the rest of you. At minimum we get less work for the same hours. And while being able to service ALL our customers. So tell me again who’s getting irritated? 😂

He’s right man.. When I got my own route, it pissed my on road off something fierce that I was running %100 trace every day. That lasted about 3 weeks and now I have 30 less stops and get off 2 hours earlier every day. It works if you work it.

Saca La

What is it?
It’s all fun and games until you get called up into the office and they hit you with the “Well that would of never happened if you would of just followed ORION like your suppose to”.

Hot Carl

If you're still using the DIAD V, keeping a stop banked in PreRecord all day will shut off dynamic ORION and it won't update. As someone stated earlier, the Compact manifest style on the DIAD VI is dramatically more helpful than the default setting.

As for ORION, if I don't know the route, I'll follow it until I have everything figured out. Once I know the route and ORION is no longer of any use to me, I'll run it the right way. They gave up on ORION enforcement here years ago. I am not zig-zagging across busy streets all day, visiting apartment complexes twice, or showing up to businesses at 6:30 if I can avoid it.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I have seen ORION work extremely well, but it has one critical flaw. The loops have to be set up and traced well. The map data has to be pristine and each route must have parameters set correctly. The problem is none of this is static. It cannot be one and done. Won't work. To be successful, the data must be monitored, corrected and improved every day. No exceptions. If you have a good DMS who knows his or her job, ORION works great. The problem is that good DMS's are few and very far between. In retrospect, ORION was a huge waste of money because UPS failed to properly train key people and then hold them accountable. Drivers and customers end up paying the price.