ORION and the upcoming peak...

old levi's

blank space
98 stops today.
ORION wants me to deliver that 130 lb irreg in the middle of the floor as my 82nd stop this evening.
That would, of course be several hours after it had me do a winery pickup at 10:50AM where I would have to bury it underneath the 2 pallets/70 full cases/2900 lbs of wine that I have no room for in a P-63 that is still over half full.
Not today, Satan!

Don't you have enough years to retire?

Foamer Pyle

When peak rolls around, I'll be on a 300 stop all resi route with no pickups. Orion will work just fine for me as the route won't be all butchered to cater to pickups.

I'm also not volunteering to be a mentor so I don't have to field 30 phone calls a day asking stupid questions. Just going to sit back and watch the center burn around me as I get off at 8 PM every night.
At our PCM we were told that during peak our hours would be capped at 9hrs per day. That is totally fine with me. If they gave me 300 stops, i would do maybe 150, and bring the other 150 back.

Foamer Pyle

I'll go out with about 230-240, then pick up the last 60 from a pod for the golf cart route that's running. Last year I did the same thing with a great loader, really had nothing big and was getting my first load done by 330/4 pm with my helper.
I don’t remember the last time i delivered 200 stops during peak. You are working way too hard, LoL.

Delivery!!!

With the time change, running Orion gets way worse. We knew it took longer, and now it is only adding to the number of deliveries we have to do in the dark when our productivity is way worse.

GenericUsername

The route I was referencing has multiple apartment buildings that are 4 floors w/ elevator and about 8 or so stops per. Drop helper off at one, move car forward and work second one.. Rinse and repeat. Then it moves into houses with 15 feet between each house and 5 yard driveways... Makes for an easy day when your helper can be dropped off on one street with 10 stops and you do the next 2 streets while he knocks those out.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
@soberups glad to see you are still so wound up about Orion.
We are in desperate need of another long winded rant about it.
In all seriousness, you really ought to consider doing us both a favor by putting me on ‘ignore’.
Its fine if you disagree with me about ORION but your constant sniveling, bitching and whining about the length and content of my posts is as annoying to me as my ORION posts obviously are to you.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
In all seriousness, you really ought to consider doing us both a favor by putting me on ‘ignore’.
Its fine if you disagree with me about ORION but your constant sniveling, bitching and whining about the length and content of my posts is as annoying to me as my ORION posts obviously are to you.

You should do the forum a favor and quit complaining.
It is very tiresome and you look more and more foolish with each post.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You should do the forum a favor and quit complaining.
It is very tiresome and you look more and more foolish with each post.

@soberups.... is probably one of the most rational, intelligent, posters on

this forum. I have never once thought, he is capable of complaining.

He just points out the lunacy of Orion, and how it unnecessarily impacts a

drivers day.... imposed by computer people, that have never ran a route.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The ignore feature is for pussilamous individuals
If you are going to use big fancy words like “pusillanimous” in a debate, you should probably make sure you spell them correctly first.
That being said, I actually agree with you in that I dont personally have any need for the ‘ignore’ feature either. There are literally thousands and thousands of threads on Brown Cafe, only a few of which I have the time or desire to participate in. So when I am confronted with topics that dont interest me or members whom I find to be boring or long-winded, I simply choose to scroll past them without stopping to engage or respond with irrelevant personal insults. Or...if their conduct crosses the line and becomes a TOS violation...I report them to a moderator.
Thats how grownups participate in internet forums.