ORION and the upcoming peak...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When you first started I'm sure you were trained on paper. Does that mean you don't use a DIAD?

You are paid to work as directed because things change. If you are directed to use ORION then that's what you do. You're just using your training excuse to ignore it.
But thats the problem.
They force ORION down our throats by hiding RDO and deliberately blocking us from being able to view it.
But then they turn around and say “dont follow ORION if it will cause service failures, you are still responsible for making sure that every package gets delivered. But...you still need to follow it by 85%.”
(Or 80, or 90, or whatver other random number they pull out of their ass that day.)
So in other words they give us conflicting instructions, they intentionally set us up to fail, and then threaten us with discipline when we do.

Last edited:

soberups

Ask your dispatcher to turn on "Helper Configuration" when they are adjusting your ORION properties. It will basically have you just deliver air, and then run almost exactly in HIN order, similar to RDO.
In other words...
“Lets do away with RDO...and spend a billion dollars to create a system that is intentionally designed to fail...and then come up with a whole bunch of hacks and work-arounds and cheat codes that will allow us to pretend that it works...by causing it to imitate RDO.”
If brains were dynamite, the guy who invented ORION wouldn’t have enough to blow his nose.

But thats the problem.
They force ORION down our throats by hiding RDO and deliberately blocking us from being able to view it.
But then they say “dont follow ORION if it will cause service failures, you are still responsible for making sure that every package gets delivered. But...you still need to follow it by 85%.”
(Or 80, or 90, or whatver other random number they pull out of their ass that day.)
So in other words they give us conflicting instructions, they intentionally set us up to fail, and then threaten us with discipline when we do.
Have you seen discipline for non Orion compliance? I never know my orion compliance. We only get talked to about service failures. On many routes Orion has you delivering businesses @ 19:30.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
But thats the problem.
But then they turn around and say “dont follow ORION if it will cause service failures, you are still responsible for making sure that every package gets delivered. But...you still need to follow it by 85%.”

“Conflicting instructions” if documented is an easy win at the grievance table

soberups

Have you seen discipline for non Orion compliance? I never know my orion compliance. We only get talked to about service failures. On many routes Orion has you delivering businesses @ 19:30.
No discipline yet but plenty of harrassment of the rookies and newer drivers who dont know any better.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
When you first started I'm sure you were trained on paper. Does that mean you don't use a DIAD?

You are paid to work as directed because things change. If you are directed to use ORION then that's what you do. You're just using your training excuse to ignore it.

Apparently the methods don't apply to @soberups
Working as Directed isn't in his vocabulary either apparently

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Other than the first month after it was installed, we haven’t heard a word about Orion compliance. They know it’s an excrement sandwich, especially since EDD was taken away.

The least experienced drivers have been affected the most. We’ve had a lot going blind on routes recently. So many service failures...

Future

Victory Ride
Other than the first month after it was installed, we haven’t heard a word about Orion compliance. They know it’s an excrement sandwich, especially since EDD was taken away.

The least experienced drivers have been affected the most. We’ve had a lot going blind on routes recently. So many service failures...
Let them burn in their stupidity

soberups

You just dont get it.
The underlying problem with ORION is one of conflicting instructions.
We are directed to follow established work methods and deliver all the packages.
But now, we are also being directed to follow ORION.
Those two directives are mutually exclusive of one another.
Damned if you do, damned if you dont.
So I have simply made a decision that the need to make service on my customer’s packages overrides the need to generate a compliance metric for a report.
I can live with that decision.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
You just dont get it.
We are directed to follow established work methods and deliver all the packages.
So I have simply made a decision that the need to make service on my customer’s packages overrides the need to generate a compliance metric for a report.
You hate Orion we are reminded of that practically everyday.

Apparently you have a problem with doing what you are told to do.

I suggest working as directed.

Raw

Raw Member
When peak rolls around, I'll be on a 300 stop all resi route with no pickups. Orion will work just fine for me as the route won't be all butchered to cater to pickups.

I'm also not volunteering to be a mentor so I don't have to field 30 phone calls a day asking stupid questions. Just going to sit back and watch the center burn around me as I get off at 8 PM every night.
No it won`t, it will still want you to start your deliveries in unable to get to in your pkg car areas.

soberups

Unless it is illegal or unsafe, I will always be willing to do what the company instructs me to do.
But management’s inability to give me clear and consistent directives is their problem, not mine.
All I am is a messenger of the simple truth that their plan is garbage and that they cannot have their cake and eat it too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Apparently....

You exaggerate your claims of snorting coke.

46420096_10156704375918516_7957958436753244160_o.jpg

Rubber Puckies

In other words...
“Lets do away with RDO...and spend a billion dollars to create a system that is intentionally designed to fail...and then come up with a whole bunch of hacks and work-arounds and cheat codes that will allow us to pretend that it works...by causing it to imitate RDO.”
If brains were dynamite, the guy who invented ORION wouldn’t have enough to blow his nose.

Basically.... I'm not a fan of it either. But it's not going away.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You just dont get it.
^^^^^ this.I have never seen anyone fired for making service