Orion. Center Manager losing his mind.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Did anyone think that the reason they want 70 hour workweeks during peak is to keep Orion live all December ????

giphy.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They built some new giant hubs. I'm talking about all the places around the country that could use a few more doors, or another belt.

I think I read somewhere that UPS is planning on investing $20B over the next 5 years on infrastructure, which is why they need to have even more drivers they can pay less to do the same job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well the stop counts weren’t as high then and packages weren’t as heavy or as large. Much different than what it is today.
I'm telling you straight up, it is so much easier today as compared to pre EDD. It sucked back then. Sure, I do a few more stops now, but no indirects, DR and go. I know now each and every stop before I leave the building and how many pieces. Back then it was search and hope. COD stress, turn in stress, and paperwork. No way in hell I would ever go back.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
haha they ai

And dont forget no address. GO find JOhn Doe RR2
RD routes as a split driver were the worst. We have long flag lot lanes, as as someone built a new home, they added a letter to the RD address. The lanes were totally out of order. Sometimes the RD changed to another as well.

Some drivers kept RD maps in the truck, which they made, that really helped.

The 911 system killled that in my state. Every house needed a street address. They now are in numerical order.

Thegameisrigged

I'm telling you straight up, it is so much easier today as compared to pre EDD. It sucked back then. Sure, I do a few more stops now, but no indirects, DR and go. I know now each and every stop before I leave the building and how many pieces. Back then it was search and hope. COD stress, turn in stress, and paperwork. No way in hell I would ever go back.
A “few more” stops? Where i am, routes that used to do 130/140 are now doing 205/220

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

One thing we know we can't do, is just "leave everything alone" in RDO and be complacent. Other companies will eventually beat us at customization and win the business in that case.

We are worried about winning business?

The company doesnt care about businesses.

The Orion team had us highlight our businesses before they implemented our plan.

Look at it today...
John Doe Hardware Store is now stop 108 instead of stop 30.

They're angry. The new driver didn't know they were a business because John Doe's personal name just came up in the details when checked...if the driver checked.

Or we now mindlessly follow the ODO and become FDX/RPS clones.

One less martini at lunch in Atlanta may help everyone out, including the folks that have paid our bills for decades.

SMH

Thegameisrigged

Wait a minute. Did you say search and hope? Do you not realize that we are going back to search and hope per Orion? The major difference is that there is much more work on the truck now.

old levi's

blank space
RD routes as a split driver were the worst. We have long flag lot lanes, as as someone built a new home, they added a letter to the RD address. The lanes were totally out of order. Sometimes the RD changed to another as well.

Some drivers kept RD maps in the truck, which they made, that really helped.

The 911 system killled that in my state. Every house needed a street address. They now are in numerical order.

Pre 911, we delivered to one county that only had one traffic signal, at the intersection of 2 U.S. highways.
Other than those 2 highways, only one road in the county was named. So many dirt roads, 345 square miles of dirt roads.