Orion Compliance

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I tend to turn it off when I'm going down one side of a main street and coming down the other. I'm familiar with the EDD sequence and have found that ORION sometimes will break off part of the area for a different time of day. It's a screwed up system.

wayfair

swollen member
I tend to turn it off when I'm going down one side of a main street and coming down the other. I'm familiar with the EDD sequence and have found that ORION sometimes will break off part of the area for a different time of day. It's a screwed up system.

no "breaks" are considered when delivering on the same street according to the ORION team in my building

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just curious, with all the tracking Big Brother technology UPS uses on drivers....they can't tell when you turn off Orion?

Driver7906

One thing I find funny with ORION is when I have a Next Day Air in one of my apartment complexes on a heavy Air day and ORION tells me to do all of the rest of the apartment stops in that complex as well. I just shake my head, switch from ODO to RDO and go about my day.

Pkgcar1988

Just curious, with all the tracking Big Brother technology UPS uses on drivers....they can't tell when you turn off Orion?
We were told they can tell instantly when we turn it off and when we turn it back on. In my opinion I think they are full of crap, but then again I never turn it off. Their game their rules, like it or not!!!!!

mjjlohn

You can just prerecord and stop complete in the order they want to achieve 85%. The stops along the same street can be completed in any order and won't change your %.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
no "breaks" are considered when delivering on the same street according to the ORION team in my building

Orion will tell you to deliver ground with an air you are to deliver, but your next stop it will never bring up the ground you have for it. Then it will have you grab a ground off the the 6000 shelf because it apparently makes sense. It is a screwed up system and yes it will have you do side streets off a main street later, if it feels it is necessary.

Most main streets you deliver will be put in a weird order when in reality you go up one side and head back down the other. The only way you have full control of your route is to switch it off and read the EDD sequence that you have run for 8 years or more.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You know it's bad when you're at 8:50 PCM and your on-car says: " Listen, ORION sucks. You know it, we know it. I'm asking you guys to consciously avoid 2 or 3 more "breaks" from it everyday. We're trying to get off this compliance call. If you could do this for us..."
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1395543083.704289.jpg

Sent using a Potato

Rainman

Its all good.
We just got orion in my center. I had one of the orion sups telling me that I needed to follow it as close as possible. I told him I would follow it 100% orion is my brain now. He said we can go in the office and have a talk about it if I wanted to be that way (discipline me) I said for what following directions. Orion is a joke! today it had me go south past some stops just to turn around and come back to them later and then continue south really saving gas with that plan.
Sometimes Orion does a good job, sometimes it is totally retarded. Sounds like you had a retarded day.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rainman

Its all good.
Orion will tell you to deliver ground with an air you are to deliver, but your next stop it will never bring up the ground you have for it. Then it will have you grab a ground off the the 6000 shelf because it apparently makes sense. It is a screwed up system and yes it will have you do side streets off a main street later, if it feels it is necessary.

Most main streets you deliver will be put in a weird order when in reality you go up one side and head back down the other. The only way you have full control of your route is to switch it off and read the EDD sequence that you have run for 8 years or more.
You can run all the stops on the same street without it being a break. Use it to make your job easier, and save your breaks for when Orion acts like a total maroon. That way you can run sensibly and still keep management off your case. It's here to stay, so we might as well make the best of it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

JL 0513

You can run all the stops on the same street without it being a break. Use it to make your job easier, and save your breaks for when Orion acts like a total maroon. That way you can run sensibly and still keep management off your case. It's here to stay, so we might as well make the best of it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

That's how I look at it. At first, I stubbornly ran it 100% to prove a point that it did stupid things. It resulted in some friend'd up days. Once I figured out the strategy and timing, I decided it's just best to work with it and use the breaks strategically.

It's true. Orion isn't going anywhere for a number of years, until the next big thing.
Stubborn drivers will just be shooting themselves in the foot if they go 100% blind. Unless you enjoy the excess overtime and resulting talks with management.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My route had ORION installed 8 months ago.

It has never worked right or made any sense at all. I routinely beat it by anywhere from 10 to 30 miles. So now I do not even bother looking at it, I just switch to RDO and use common sense.

Only once in 8 months has my lack of compliance even been mentioned to me by management. I told him it didnt work so I dont use it. He said OK and never mentioned it again.

I find it rather interesting that drivers on other centers get hounded about compliance yet nothing is ever said to me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

govols019

You smell that?
It took a little over a year before that started really hounding about compliance here. I once beat ORION by 64 miles and all they saw was that I was under 50% compliant. I didn't even know what to say.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
You know it's bad when you're at 8:50 PCM and your on-car says: " Listen, ORION sucks. You know it, we know it. I'm asking you guys to consciously avoid 2 or 3 more "breaks" from it everyday. We're trying to get off this compliance call. If you could do this for us..."
View attachment 12070

Sent using a Potato

This is what happens when you put people in charge who spend their life looking at a computer screen. It looks great on a computer screen but in the real world its a horror show.

I would love to have the CEO in my car for a day and have him explain to me how this is a smart thing, and more important a safe thing.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I would love to have the CEO ride with me so he could buy me lunch. I know if I told him his hair was on fire he wouldn't believe me unless his expert lackeys told him so. To him I am just another piece of equipment to be used and later replaced with a newer, trouble free model.