ORION discipline

wayfair

swollen member
Drivers are truly STUPID when it comes to this issue. They argue they are not following ORION because it makes no sense. Just follow ORION and shut up. If you have missed business, Oh well you were working as directed. Man some of the battles you guys choose are just retarded.

yea, missed businesses... good one... gotta warning letter for that too.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
yea, missed businesses... good one... gotta warning letter for that too.
I would be happy to follow ORION 100% if they would put it in writing that I wont face discipline for missed stops, missed pickups, late air or running out of fuel at 10:00 at night.

They wont do that of course, so since I am still responsible for all service failures that might occur I will also be responsible for deciding whether or not to follow ORION.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
was told you're supposed to break off to make business stops.

There's a driver on working termination because of Orion.

The suspension has gone to local panel to later be heard in Dallas, then last Friday they hit him with the working termination
I smell lawsuit lol.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My center has not got orion yet but if the stories on this forum are true why haven't the shareholders said something? We have missed expectations recently with our quarterly profits and nobody seems to bring up excessive hours due to Orion's failures

Sent using BrownCafe App
Do you read the press releases? This saves us millions of miles a year. Lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you read the press releases? This saves us millions of miles a year. Lol.
Any managements biggest downfall is failing to see when something just doesn't work. Ups seems to have a lot of that.

I mean we have spent billions implementing a system that in turn is causing management to tell driver "use your best judgement" "make it work". These are things drivers have been doing on their own for over 100 years without billions wasted.

wayfair

swollen member
I was told, it's not about service, it's about saving miles...UPS proposed to reduce emissions by 20 percent by 2015, yet ORION nets me 10-15 miles over, with a 95.6 percent.,..bad investment

Z

ZQXC

Any managements biggest downfall is failing to see when something just doesn't work. Ups seems to have a lot of that.

They know it doesn't work but since the culture of this company is based on fear and intimidation, the front line operation managers at the bottom of the food chain will remain silent.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Working terminations, thats a joke. That usually means they don't really want to fire the person, but want t scare the rest of the center.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Don't treat them like a joke. I've seen several people lose their jobs because they forgot to grieve a working termination.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Don't treat them like a joke. I've seen several people lose their jobs because they forgot to grieve a working termination.

I have to scratch my head on that one.... wondering how it could happen.

My supplement doesn't have anything like that.

It would be like not grieving a Article 10 letter.

(for a bad DR.... when the company tries to insinuate the driver is at fault)

There are Local's that automatically protest a discharge (with a grievance) on the members behalf.

But, I am guessing that doesn't happen in RTW states.

-Bug-

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It does not matter if ORION 'works' according to hourlies. If it gives the employee less autonomy and management more control mechanisms via technology, it will be done.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I have to scratch my head on that one.... wondering how it could happen.

My supplement doesn't have anything like that.

It would be like not grieving a Article 10 letter.

(for a bad DR.... when the company tries to insinuate the driver is at fault)

There are Local's that automatically protest a discharge (with a grievance) on the members behalf.

But, I am guessing that doesn't happen in RTW states.

-Bug-
It happens when the company is throwing a lot of Art 7's at a member for whatever reason. Typically you grieve them and eventually you go upstairs and settle it but if you don't grieve it within 7 days then it's game over, you're gone.

It happens when the company is throwing a lot of Art 7's at a member for whatever reason. Typically you grieve them and eventually you go upstairs and settle it but if you don't grieve it within 7 days then it's game over, you're gone.
Ive seen It happen before. at the same time,people wont even vote on a contract.
Its too hard to put an X on a ballot and shove it in the mailbox.

A grievance form,is way too much work,I guess?!?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

That is a good reason to grieve everything.

CYA

-Bug-

It's embarrassing.

The company knows what the "historic" voting percentage of UPS members is.

They bring that to the table in negoiations.

Thanks TDU.... for being the first ones to publish that.

-Bug-
I know you are a hoffa fan.
And we dont agree on that!.....but!

He has done alot of damage.
We worked really hard to get everybody to vote.

This was the first contract,for many first time voters.

When he declared impasse,they said why should we even bother to vote?

Sad,sad day!
5 steps backward!

oldngray

nowhere special
Voting has always been around 1/3 or so. I can't remember an election when even half of the eligible people voted. It is sad but too many people either are too lazy or just don't care about the future.