ORION + Hybrid Driver = Autonomous Vehicles

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
While most of us scratch our heads, trying to make sense of the "nonsense" that is ORION....

....and completely understand why these 22.4 hybrid drivers seem so important to the Company and Union....

Then I see this and wonder if it doesn't connect the dots???

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
While most of us scratch our heads, trying to make sense of the "nonsense" that is ORION....

....and completely understand why these 22.4 hybrid drivers seem so important to the Company and Union....

Then I see this and wonder if it doesn't connect the dots???

Pipe dream.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Where are all those drones?
tenor (59).gif

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, until they improve the robots waay better than that, we're still gonna be humping cardboard at least for another decade or three

FedEx-I-Robot-2-768x334.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

Within 10 years this will be implemented. Screen cap this. The technology for this to be done is already here and safer than a human behind the wheel.
But they still can't fix the dispatch, customer service issues, or stop crushed pkgs from getting loaded in pkg cars for delivery.

I guess you have to have priorities.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Within 10 years this will be implemented. Screen cap this. The technology for this to be done is already here and safer than a human behind the wheel.
they only way i see it working is if every vehicle on the road was equipped with the same tech. you would have to literally ban all manually operated vehicles and take the human factor out of it to safely and efficiently operate on a continuous basis with the least amount of incidents. the unpredictability of a human behind the wheel mixed with exact predictability of the self drivers wont work.