OSHA fines post office in Florida $129,336 for exposing mail carriers to August heat

rod

Retired 22 years
It’s not about shutting down work. It’s about reducing the word load and understanding a drop in performance, as well as make a honest attempt to keep us safe.
If you are looking for UPS to look out for your best interests you are working for the wrong company. Look out for yourself and slow down when it’s hot.

Faceplanted

If you are looking for UPS to look out for your best interests you are working for the wrong company. Look out for yourself and slow down when it’s hot.
This is what you don’t get. Ups is not above the law, or osha mandates even though they think they are.

Maybe ups can not give me a paycheck every week.... who am I to think they will?.... look out for my self right!!!! Ooo wait that’s illegal.

Keep telling us bad ass you guys were back in 40s, nobody cares.

rod

Retired 22 years
This is what you don’t get. Ups is not above the law, or osha mandates even though they think they are.

Maybe ups can not give me a paycheck every week.... who am I to think they will?.... look out for my self right!!!! Ooo wait that’s illegal.

Keep telling us bad ass you guys were back in 40s, nobody cares.[/QUOTE]
QUOTE]

You should--- otherwise you would be working for peanuts and no benefits what so ever. You think UPS gave those up out of the kindness of their heart? Us old farts fought for those and didn't rollover and take it in the ass like so many of you are doing at contract time now. (actually it was the 70's and 80's I can only take credit for but I myself do appreciate those who came before me---some even died fighting for your cushy lifestyle

Faceplanted

Who wrote the bylaws that allowed the union to push the contract through even though we voted no?

Who overpromised on pensions?

Looks like if we were to put blame on anybody, it’s definatly not us “over privileged snowflakes”

Rack em

Made the Podium
I drink at the 19th hole.
I start drinking at the 19th hole before I even tee off on #1. If I don't have a strong buzz going I'll golf too good. I need to golf poorly so I have an excuse to hit the driving range a couple times a week. I show the wife my terrible scorecard from the weekend and she basically shoves me out the door. If I golfed good I'd be stuck at home watching the bachelor or the Kardashiens.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Worked loading feeders on a Twilight shift. Worse part of the day was opening up feeders that I had to load after they had been sitting outside in the sun all day. Many were refers used to ship fruits up from Florida, and yes the units were off. Nothing like opening a door and getting a face full of super hot air along with rotting smells. Got to the point where some one was asked to start early just to air out the feeders.