oldngray

nowhere special
Its never OK to get physical in those types of situations but the Guardian reporter was trying to provoke Gianforte and got the reaction he was hoping for.

It will be fine

This is part of the statement from the Fox News reporters that were witnesses.

At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, "I'm sick and tired of this!"

If this is what Fox is saying you are probably in the wrong as a conservative. It also directly contradicts the statement Gianforte put out after the attack.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Careful discarding amendments you know what's second on the list.....
it depends on the situation, if someone is shoving a camera or microphone in your face repeatedly then things happen, which has happened to me before. Eventually saying no comment and not replying dont seem to work. Journalist or no journalist eventually you get fed up

oldngray

nowhere special
The reporter asked this Republican about the present Trumpcare CBO score. Seems relevant and considering the election was the next day.
It wasn't the question but the way the reporter wouldn't wait for an answer and kept crowding Gianforte. I haven't seen a video of it but every report agreed the reporter was grabbed. How violently seems to be in dispute. Regardless of the exact details as I said previously Gianforte shouldn't have done it.

oldngray

nowhere special
it depends on the situation, if someone is shoving a camera or microphone in your face repeatedly then things happen, which has happened to me before. Eventually saying no comment and not replying dont seem to work. Journalist or no journalist eventually you get fed up

That sounds like what happened and Gianforte let it get to him.