Out to pasture...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Landscaping. Even this time year. I’ve done all that can possibly be done.
I think getting up at 9, drinking coffee until noon, not being able to fish, getting dark at 530 the other day, just got to me.
Winters are moderate here, but cold days happen.
No bowling for me. All outside stuff (except golf. just never got into it) .
After writing this, I sound like a spoiled brat.
Holy Hell! I must be going through menopause… when men finally pause and realize… “What your got, ain’t nothin’ new. It all ain’t waitin’ you. That’s vanity.” - Ellis
You need a greenhouse.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The older I get the less I care about “stuff”
I have a lot of faults, just like the next guy, but I have to say, I never cared about, in fact, I was glad for someone when they got something or had stuff.
I was satisfied with a “ cornbread “ living and what that bought.
I live like a king now in a palace. I’m thankful, but it was never intentional.
It’s ok to have stuff, just don’t let stuff have you.

rod

Retired 22 years
Amazing how junk you accumulate over the years
We had new carpet put in our bedroom last month so we needed to clear out the room. I ended up tossing / donating 7 full size garbage bags of tee-shirts and such out----that was just my own stuff.

oldngray

nowhere special
We had new carpet put in our bedroom last month so we needed to clear out the room. I ended up tossing / donating 7 full size garbage bags of tee-shirts and such out----that was just my own stuff.
I went through every room in the house a couple of years ago. Took my time and did it a little bit at a time so I wouldn't need to rent a dumpster(s) to hold it all. I still have a lot left but its down to more manageable piles. Probably threw out about 1/3 of everything.

BrownFlush

We did it when we moved and built a house … the stuff that we had accumulated over the years was unreal.

Re-Raise

I'm the same way. I'm slowly getting rid of things I have horded for years. All it ends up to be is a nuisance for your next of kin to deal with.
Whenever I watch a show like Pickers and they try to buy a piece of crap rusted lamp or something..in the middle of a barn FULL of junk and the guy says ..”nope”..I wonder if he realizes his kids are putting it all in a dumpster?

BrownFlush

Whenever I watch a show like Pickers and they try to buy a piece of crap rusted lamp or something..in the middle of a barn FULL of junk and the guy says ..”nope”..I wonder if he realizes his kids are putting it all in a dumpster?
Same thing when they won't make it an even dollar or two at a garage or yard sale.