Outside hire applicant for package delivery.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by GSto, May 2, 2019.

1. GSto

GSto New Member

I'm reading all over about the 22.4 drivers and am afraid I'll be stuck in that. Does that mean I'm stuck working weekends? How do I become a regular driver and work M-F?

Thanks!

2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

There can only be 25% of 22.4 drivers in the Centers that would use them. Eventually enough top pay drivers would retire and their routes could be bid on is how I understand it.

3. Underallowed306

Underallowed306 Active Member

I think you’re stuck working weekends until some people retire or go into feeders.

4. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Don't worry about senority. All types of mishaps can happen. Their loss is your gain!

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. GSto

GSto New Member

Thanks. I guess I'll attend the information session tomorrow and figure everything out. When you think something is too good to be true.........

7. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

If you are an outside hire then I would still %100000 go for it (as long as being a driver was something you want to do).
    Even if you are an underclass driver for a few years you do not have to wait as a part timer and progression pay starts immediately, transfers over to regular FT driver.

8. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

you should work every weekend you can, your wife, girlfriend or boyfriend will appreciate it

9. GSto

GSto New Member

I still plan on going for it. I know these opportunities don't come often. I just love my Saturdays.

10. Brownslave688

fixed it for you

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

no you did not, these days you dont know if the poster is a guy with a boyfriend, i was being politically correct

12. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Listen up, OoooooooKaaaaaay!

I’m not a scab you hillbilly country music pwick!

13. Brownslave688

B754622A-3935-4225-8703-D0192ABC1043.gif