Over allowed write ups have begun.

10 Pt

You may have never been locked in but I bet some of your co-workers have, stop counts have gone up. It's not all technology - we are getting what we need from most of the drivers, so its a win.
Paid day has soared as well. At least the driver makes $53/hr after 8 hrs. How much do you make after 8?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It doesn't. It's simply management using tools to try and get drivers to go faster. It's also the reason that good hard working drivers become disengaged and disgruntled with UPS in general. But this is the model they want to go with. We just have to play the game.

That maybe so - but the pay and benefits are outstanding for both sides and I don't see a bunch of people walking away on both sides everyday.

tourists24

Have stop counts gone up in your Center?? Yes they have and we are winning, it maybe BS to you but it works. We can see more and more everyday what you do on road with out even leaving the building. You just confirm what you are not doing when we get on the car.
Fair enough...... if that's what you call winning. I think it should be a lot more about just the numbers but I know that's not what UPS is about. We deal with what we are dealt. If that's what your world revolves around then good for you. Sure is quite a cost at the end of the day. If you sleep well at night and when you look back on your life then congrats.

35years

Gravy route
Have stop counts gone up in your Center?? Yes they have and we are winning, it maybe BS to you but it works. We can see more and more everyday what you do on road with out even leaving the building. You just confirm what you are not doing when we get on the car.
My counts have gone down.
Many others as well, thanks to the 9.5 list
By the way, they tried your schtick at panel.
We won outright.
Management (division manager) was directed to cut stops down.

10 Pt

You should be happy our customers like their UPS drivers. Sometimes that extra few seconds of being courteous towards the people who pay your salary just may save this company in the future.

How many times does the driver get asked "Who was that rude A hole with you the other day?" after the supe is no longer with the driver after a three day ride?
It happens all of the time. The difference is the driver knows how to be polite and professional to our customers. Management only has one things on their mind on a three day ride. It isn't customer retention.

tourists24

You should be happy our customers like their UPS drivers. Sometimes that extra few seconds of being courteous towards the people who pay your salary just may save this company in the future.

How many times does the driver get asked "Who was that rude :censored2: with you the other day?" after the supe is no longer with the driver after a three day ride?
It happens all of the time. The difference is the driver knows how to be polite and professional to our customers. Management only has one things on their mind on a three day ride. It isn't customer retention.
Excellent post. Management can't think about such things. It's not in the business model.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Paid day has soared as well. At least the driver makes $53/hr after 8 hrs. How much do you make after 8?

Yup you can be on that truck all you want, I seen the writing on the wall along time ago. Me and my sups work about 55 hours a week. We will take it all day long.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

How many times does the driver get asked "Who was that rude :censored2: with you the other day?" after the supe is no longer with the driver after a three day ride?

There is a difference in being polite and professional to a customer and the customer knowing your family history going back the Revolution.

Most of your customers do not know you like we know you. If they did you would barely get a hi out of them.

tourists24

Most of your customers do know you like we know you. If they did you would barely get a hi out of them.
Sad part is that you truly believe this. You really think that it's the drivers that are the :censored2: bags in real life. You either never truly look in the mirror or simply dont care. There's a reason our customers love their drivers in spite of management

35years

Gravy route
Typical week;
Monday: light, 8.5 hrs worked
Tuesday: 9.6-9.8 because management tries to get a freebe under 9.5
Wednesday; 9.8-9.9 they don't want a piling on grievence.
Thursday: 8.4 panicked sup "you sure you won't be over?"
Friday: 8.1-8.3 They won't let me come close to 3rd 9.5

9.5 list is a God-send.
Pay me 4 or five times and it never happens again...for years, except peak.

10 Pt

There is a difference in being polite and professional to a customer and the customer knowing your family history going back the Revolution.

Most of your customers do not know you like we know you. If they did you would barely get a hi out of them.
Then why did you hire us?
They sure as heck don't know you like we do either. I've seen supes and a center manager get their butts chewed by customers that got screwed over on delivery time changes after PAS and Orion implementation. When they finally got to address their issues with a face instead of an 800 number attendant they got their money's worth.
A center manager had the stupidity to ask one of my previous customer "just who are you?" and the customer replied "I am the one who pays your friend-ing bills that's who I am!".
It was a classic.

10 Pt

My counts have gone down.
Many others as well, thanks to the 9.5 list
By the way, they tried your schtick at panel.
We won outright.
Management (division manager) was directed to cut stops down.
Tell em brother. Tell him to go to his room and behave.
funny-gifs14.gif

10 Pt

Hey dragoon,
Make us a deal ok? You fix our garbage loads and we'll give you better results. Until then, save your dragon breath.
IMG_1112.jpg

vvv

I can personally give a crap what you see whether with me or not. I work one way and one way only. Threaten and harass all you want. Simply put.....the faster your mouth moves the slower my feet go.
And as far as stops counts go.....don't make me laugh. If my stop count happens to rise i'll be out there extra long. Christ.....my allowance is so flawed that I have to be dispatched with a fictitious 6.25-6.5 hour day just to make it in time for 8.
Recently I went OVER my recommended SPORH by a half stop and yet I still ran 2 hours over dispatch. Yes....I did more than expected and was 2 hours over. They can take both their SPORH and so called time studies and give it a nice solid push up your backsides!!

Last edited: