Overweight packages

Brownt10

How are your centers handling overweight packages? Are they using clearly marked overweight tape on all sides & not mixing them with non overweight/irregular packages?

The previous building I was in they wouldn’t send a package down the belt w/ out overweight tape or the belt would shut off until someone either removed it or put over weight tape on it. This current building barely uses it at all & they just throw it on the belt on top of other packages & pound the crap out of the belt.

Any recommendations on what can be done? I’m resorting to enforcing what the contract says like my previous building did.

How are your centers handling overweight packages? Are they using clearly marked overweight tape on all sides & not mixing them with non overweight/irregular packages?

The previous building I was in they wouldn’t send a package down the belt w/ out overweight tape or the belt would shut off until someone either removed it or put over weight tape on it. This current building barely uses it at all & they just throw it on the belt on top of other packages & pound the crap out of the belt.

Any recommendations on what can be done? I’m resorting to enforcing what the contract says like my previous building did.
Do all your supervisors have name badges on?
That's also in the contract

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Do you have soft hands

Nah

Then stop the belt or leave the work area. They can't force you to work in an unsafe environment.

Nah

Also, any time you have to handle such packages, you can demand help with anything 70+.

Brownt10

Also, any time you have to handle such packages, you can demand help with anything 70+.
Our numbers in my building are great bc they bypass safety & get the packages out of the trailer at all cost. Most pre loaders just throw the packages in the truck in disarray.

My other thing I should point out is my building has lots of company boys so not only will I be butting heads w/ the duo’s but also fellow union members. I can’t let this keep going bc it’s a matter of time till we have a very serious injury

Nah
Our numbers in my building are great bc they bypass safety & get the packages out of the trailer at all cost. Most pre loaders just throw the packages in the truck in disarray.

My other thing I should point out is my building has lots of company boys so not only will I be butting heads w/ the duo’s but also fellow union members. I can’t let this keep going bc it’s a matter of time till we have a very serious injury
Safety is your responsibility.

Brownt10

Nah. Just common sense. No treadmill is only 20lbs
Is it common sense? Bc every so often some driver shows up to work :censored2: faced or has been driving w/ a known suspended license but doesn’t report it. Now our safety committee has to brief new guys not to show up to work drunk.

Another 25yr senior driver backed into a home gently damaging the gutters. Gets out on camera looks at the damage & drove off. Gets caught & fired. Common sense would be report it & get a little slap on the wrist. So common sense is not so common at ups

PTSandwichMaker

Just guessing you don’t have a steward inside? If you really want to do something you should look into being one. You’d no longer be a subordinate. If your local really needs one inside they might just appoint you without a formal voting process should you show interest.

Brownt10

Just guessing you don’t have a steward inside? If you really want to do something you should look into being one. You’d no longer be a subordinate. If your local really needs one inside they might just appoint you without a formal voting process should you show interest.
We do & they are good on some things & less aggressive about others you could even say lackadadaisy about certain things. In my previous building the stewards there were confrontational & not afraid to address anything in the contract regardless of any retaliation.

I don’t have to be a steward to defend the contract do I?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Is it common sense? Bc every so often some driver shows up to work :censored2: faced or has been driving w/ a known suspended license but doesn’t report it. Now our safety committee has to brief new guys not to show up to work drunk.

Another 25yr senior driver backed into a home gently damaging the gutters. Gets out on camera looks at the damage & drove off. Gets caught & fired. Common sense would be report it & get a little slap on the wrist. So common sense is not so common at ups
What does a driver being drunk have anything to do about falsifying weight on labels

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

watch your mouth young man

Worry about yourself young man..why are you worrying about other drivers.

You should be happy when drivers get fired you climb the ranks.

YOU WILL NEVER BE A RPCD!!!
😂✊