Oz vs Vairma

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I know.

Every supplemental agreement has at least one thing that's better than the rest.

People question the differences in the supplemental agreements.

Some (if not most) of the supplements, Riders, and Local agreements.... were negotiated.... prior to the Master.

What are we supposed to do ?

Give up what we negotiated.... years ago ?

"I'll give up mine.... when you give up yours"

People need to respect.... what has been done on their behalf.

Work within the parameters of the contact.

-Bug-

542thruNthru

People question the differences in the supplemental agreements.

Some (if not most) of the supplements, Riders, and Local agreements.... were negotiated.... prior to the Master.

What are we supposed to do ?

Give up what we negotiated.... years ago ?

"I'll give up mine.... when you give up yours"

People need to respect.... what has been done on their behalf.

Work within the parameters of the contact.

-Bug-
I understand that. Its like our utility bid ratios in the southwest. When they brought us all together they didnt want to lose that language. I'm glad they had the foresight to keep it because it adds another layer of protection along with the 25% 22.4 language.

Jlandry

I don't know. I'm still a little torn. Part of me would like to see OZ win and see if the members will actually stand with them especially if they really are going to attempt to remove 22.4s and get PTers a living wage. Because as I'm sure most of us know UPS will not agree to that with out really going to war with them. As much as members like to act like they want a strike or are ready for one. I think when it becomes real we'll see what we're really made of and we won't like what we see.

Part of me wants a more "militant" union like OZ is talking about but part of me doesn't want it. Personally I believe a lot of their campaign promises are just talk but I could be wrong.

Teamster Power Slate has a lot of good people on it in my opinion. Problem is they could turn out to be the same old story we've had for a long time. This in my opinion is a good and bad thing. Good because we all continue to prosper as we have (some may disagree with me on that.). Bad because we may get the same no balls union that allows companies a little too much wiggle room that the members suffer for.

I'm still leaning towards Teamster Power Slate because I don't believe OZ is really what they say they are. I also think Sean is great teamster but a hot head and will cause more problems then solve them.

I see OZ winning and I see a uncertain future ahead of us. Members are going to be forced to get involved and I don't think it's going to make us feel as strong and united as we think we are when we see which was they lean towards.
I agree with you. It scares me the OZ crew will screw our future for us m Sean will tell you the members what he knows we want to hear. I honestly hope some people get in from both tickets. No sean, Fred or Taibi

Jlandry

I believe that Carol just lifted the starting rate for part timers to 18.50 because of our lousy retention rate. That is 4 dollars more that the contract provided. I guarantee that the part time starting rate will be no issue in 2023.

As far as these candidates...Not sure it will make any difference, both are disassociating themselves from the current leadership for good reasons. TDU is not really reforming anything, just a bunch of guys who want those power trips, both candidates are old school teamsters, Ron’s ticket will be hurt by a Hoffa endorsement, Sean is 20 years younger and was pretty vocal over the last contract.

It will be basically a election divided by the haves and have nots, The Western against the Central, Southern and Eastern conferences.
Sean has always trashed TDU now he is in bed with them.

Jlandry

"If you allow TDU to infiltrate this local union, you're going to see many things happen. You're going to see the local financially get ruined. You're going to see representation go down the tubes. And you're going to see the demise of local 251."

Actual Sean O' Brien Quote

Is Sean pro-tdu or anti-tdu? Because he said he would punish me for voting TDU.
The video in this thread shows the true Sean. He is. Bully and will threaten any member who doesn’t support him. “Buyer beware”

Big Rigger

The video in this thread shows the true Sean. He is. Bully and will threaten any member who doesn’t support him. “Buyer beware”
How old is that video? People can change for the better or worse. He did his time out. I know of much worse things that happened in our parking lot.
Sometimes you run with people that you haven't totally agreed with in the past but the poison is less deadly than the alternative. There's always a weak horse or two in the line up but after getting 22.4s (I believe looney lagooney's boy interjected this brilliant idea) I think there's a better way forward.
They say that politics makes strange bedfellows. I guess that's true.