Oz vs Vairma

Jlandry

OZ vs Vairma:

I hope people pay attention. I don’t like either complete slate.
I don’t care for Sean or Fred yet I do like some of the guys on their slate. I sure hope Sean, Fred or Taibi don’t get in. I am ok with the rest of that team. Sean is fake and will threaten you if you don’t vote for him. Then you have Fred, he is fake and I honestly believe he will along with Sean destroy our union finances. I pray people do their homework before it’s to late. Taibi is just an idiot.

nWo

Oz is one of those take all the credit and deflect all the blame guys. I've never seen someone pat himself on the back more than he does. He will say whatever he needs to say to get the job. Does he want to make things better for us? Yes, but he is primarily after the clout.

542thruNthru

@542thruNthru , what’s your thoughts? @Wally says his mind is made up based on last name?
I don't know. I'm still a little torn. Part of me would like to see OZ win and see if the members will actually stand with them especially if they really are going to attempt to remove 22.4s and get PTers a living wage. Because as I'm sure most of us know UPS will not agree to that with out really going to war with them. As much as members like to act like they want a strike or are ready for one. I think when it becomes real we'll see what we're really made of and we won't like what we see.

Part of me wants a more "militant" union like OZ is talking about but part of me doesn't want it. Personally I believe a lot of their campaign promises are just talk but I could be wrong.

Teamster Power Slate has a lot of good people on it in my opinion. Problem is they could turn out to be the same old story we've had for a long time. This in my opinion is a good and bad thing. Good because we all continue to prosper as we have (some may disagree with me on that.). Bad because we may get the same no balls union that allows companies a little too much wiggle room that the members suffer for.

I'm still leaning towards Teamster Power Slate because I don't believe OZ is really what they say they are. I also think Sean is great teamster but a hot head and will cause more problems then solve them.

I see OZ winning and I see a uncertain future ahead of us. Members are going to be forced to get involved and I don't think it's going to make us feel as strong and united as we think we are when we see which was they lean towards.

PT Car Washer

I don't know. I'm still a little torn. Part of me would like to see OZ win and see if the members will actually stand with them especially if they really are going to attempt to remove 22.4s and get PTers a living wage. Because as I'm sure most of us know UPS will not agree to that with out really going to war with them. As much as members like to act like they want a strike or are ready for one. I think when it becomes real we'll see what we're really made of and we won't like what we see.

Part of me wants a more "militant" union like OZ is talking about but part of me doesn't want it. Personally I believe a lot of their campaign promises are just talk but I could be wrong.

Teamster Power Slate has a lot of good people on it in my opinion. Problem is they could turn out to be the same old story we've had for a long time. This in my opinion is a good and bad thing. Good because we all continue to prosper as we have (some may disagree with me on that.). Bad because we may get the same no balls union that allows companies a little too much wiggle room that the members suffer for.

I'm still leaning towards Teamster Power Slate because I don't believe OZ is really what they say they are. I also think Sean is great teamster but a hot head and will cause more problems then solve them.

I see OZ winning and I see a uncertain future ahead of us. Members are going to be forced to get involved and I don't think it's going to make us feel as strong and united as we think we are when we see which was they lean towards.
Back in !982 our Union sec/treasurer urged everyone to vote against the PT 2 tier proposal because once you start making concessions it is almost impossible to gain the concessions back. 22.4's and minimum wage PT are a fact and there is not enough fat and happy high seniority Union members who will vote to strike to change it.

542thruNthru

Back in !982 our Union sec/treasurer urged everyone to vote against the PT 2 tier proposal because once you start making concessions it is almost impossible to gain the concessions back. 22.4's and minimum wage PT are a fact and there is not enough fat and happy high seniority Union members who will vote to strike to change it.
I admit most of the time when driver's in my building hear 22.4s complain about hours or pay they usually have about the same response.

"This guy's got like 2 years with the company. He needs to stop whining."

So I agree most high seniority people are not going to stick their necks out for PT or young drivers.

PT Car Washer

I admit most of the time when driver's in my building hear 22.4s complain about hours or pay they usually have about the same response.

"This guy's got like 2 years with the company. He needs to stop whining."

So I agree most high seniority people are not going to stick their necks out for PT or young drivers.
Not when they are making $2k to $2.5k/wk with 7 weeks of vacations and a $60k pickup truck. "Should have seen how bad I had it at your age."

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
How often does the international have elections?How often for locals once a year?

nWo

How I'm I supposed to believe Sean wants to give part timers a living wage after he screwed over the part timers in his own building?

$14.51 for 41 hours of work. She went to the union hall. The union hall did nothing for her. Seriously?

Teamsters have no comment because of the NLRB charges.

I mean sorry for bringing it up but it's pretty challenging for me to buy into what Sean's saying after that nonsense.

nWo

"If you allow TDU to infiltrate this local union, you're going to see many things happen. You're going to see the local financially get ruined. You're going to see representation go down the tubes. And you're going to see the demise of local 251."

Actual Sean O' Brien Quote

Is Sean pro-tdu or anti-tdu? Because he said he would punish me for voting TDU.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Back in !982 our Union sec/treasurer urged everyone to vote against the PT 2 tier proposal because once you start making concessions it is almost impossible to gain the concessions back.

No argument here.

22.4's and minimum wage PT are a fact and there is not enough fat and happy high seniority Union members who will vote to strike to change it.

Very few (both PT and FT) were willing to strike last contract.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I believe that Carol just lifted the starting rate for part timers to 18.50 because of our lousy retention rate. That is 4 dollars more that the contract provided. I guarantee that the part time starting rate will be no issue in 2023.

As far as these candidates...Not sure it will make any difference, both are disassociating themselves from the current leadership for good reasons. TDU is not really reforming anything, just a bunch of guys who want those power trips, both candidates are old school teamsters, Ron’s ticket will be hurt by a Hoffa endorsement, Sean is 20 years younger and was pretty vocal over the last contract.

It will be basically a election divided by the haves and have nots, The Western against the Central, Southern and Eastern conferences.

542thruNthru

Who are the haves?
The people with the greatest supplemental agreement, JCs and Riders in the country. That's who!!

but don't worry. I'm sure Sean O'brien and Fred Z have learned how to negotiate better and will be able to do a better job in the highest office the teamsters have....right??? ;)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The people with the greatest supplemental agreement, JCs and Riders in the country. That's who!!

but don't worry. I'm sure Sean O'brien and Fred Z have learned how to negotiate better and will be able to do a better job in the highest office the teamsters have....right??? ;)
You know, I tossed a softball out there, and you answer like this.....