P/T Sup. pay rate

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I appreciate it. I actually turned down a few opportunities due to the fact that I'm supposed to be really close to go driving and I didn't want me going to a new position to hold me back from going driving asap. I got offered safety, customer counter supervisor, as well as part time oms or pds ( i get the two confused.)

If you don't know the difference between an OMS and a PDS you had best stay on the preload.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Ok, idk if I should start another thread but a driver I was talking to today mentioned that he heard something about making supervisors sign something that says they will be coming back to management. I know they never did this before but the thought of them starting to actually crossed my mind since another part time supervisor recently gave them the "NOPE." Now say I do sign this and say no when they ask me to go back. What are the possible outcomes?

if you want to drive then drive till you get top pay then make your decision

You'll be fired

nope

JustQuit

Someone told me once from management if you know to much you are now an asset and you will only drive for experience and then up rooted as a on road supervisor so be careful
Yes, that is the only reason they let you go driving...to get experience before calling you back to go on-road, but by this time you are back in the union. Normally, all you do is give a verbal commitment that you will indeed be coming back. There are plenty of drivers that never went back. My question is if they start making people sign their name in place of the verbal commitment, can they do anything once you are back in the union and decide not to go back?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yes, that is the only reason they let you go driving...to get experience before calling you back to go on-road, but by this time you are back in the union. Normally, all you do is give a verbal commitment that you will indeed be coming back. There are plenty of drivers that never went back. My question is if they start making people sign their name in place of the verbal commitment, can they do anything once you are back in the union and decide not to go back?
What they are going to do is run you to Day 29 and say you are qualified. Enough to satisfy the requirements if they want to bring you to FT management, but not good enough for you to get in the union.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Some more honesty and integrity...
How does that fit into either of those besides you wanting to claim superiority?

Hell for FT management you don't even need to run a route for 30 days. I know a sup who did pickups and then ran local sort for his 30 days. And quite honestly he's the best supervisor I've ever encountered.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
you don't need to drive to be a good supervisor, although it does give excellent perspective when you're dealing with on road ops

its real use is in being able to parse out bull:censored2: whining from genuine issues

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The job doesn't happen in a vacuum. If you don't deal with the customers successfully all you'll end up being is a great parrot.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They force you to drive during a seasonal period. There is no qualifying. There is no union job. You can not stay as a driver.

watdaflock?

First, I don't wanna hear..how it's my fault .. I wanna know if there is a union equivalent for management ...
Now, tell me how in the hell this is possible or even morally right that someone I have almost a decade over gets paid the same amount as me?...
. I am waiting for the .opportunity ...to go driving. ...

Union = pay raises by seniority.
Non Union = pay raises by title changes*
* Necessary steps include brown nosing and/or ability to kiss ass; do whatever is necessary to work up the management food chain.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The year I retired, my old center qualified 2 new drivers at peak. If they need them badly enough, they don't care when they qualify.

putrefaction

The new sups make more because they are hired on as hourlies making more per hour. I had the same issue. I ignored the fact that the rookies were making more weekly and kept doing my best. Eventually my manager and division manager noticed how well my numbers were. I was given the opportunity to attend integrad after interviewing with the division manager and I am now a ft driver.