P/T Sup. pay rate

JL 0513

Reserved spots that are the closest except for motorcycle parking.

We have no reserved parking of any kind. Management gets the closer spaces anyway because they are there first. Our property has essentially one row of parking the circles the building along the fence that runs around it. So the farthest walk to any of 6 entrances is about 50 ft. No guard shack, you just come and go as you please. 45 route center.

I'm so glad to be in such a center compared to the idea of walking a couple of blocks back and forth and going through security...Lousy way to start and end your long day. No thanks.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
We had a bunch of kids work in the hub for a couple weeks, prior to last peak, and they became sups after said couple weeks. They all make more than you. I say kids...no older than 18-20, probably their first job.
Sounds like you're short of sups there. My on road has had to work there past few Saturday's. Talk about a culture shock...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sounds like you're short of sups there. My on road has had to work there past few Saturday's. Talk about a culture shock...
Yeah, I picked up an extra shift yesterday, our FT ORs and otherwise did not look particularly excited. To put it lightly. The DM was pretty gung-ho though :D

Rumor has it that they held work on sat, because last Monday was too "light".

Noreaga

First, I don't wanna hear about how it's my fault for switching to the dark side or anything of that matter. I wanna know if there is a union equivalent for management as far as helping us when there is an issue with the company.
I have been working at UPS for over 9 years and am getting paid the same amount each week as these new supervisors that have been here for less than 6 months. This is due to me switching after being an hourly for like 7 years (stupid, I know).
I was getting paid about $15.34 an hour before I switched and at the time, p/t supervisors started at $15. Since I was already making the starting pay rate for PT supervisors, I only got a 10% pay bump which had me at a little less than $17 an hour. I became a PT supervisor on April 20, 2015.
Fast forward to a few months ago when an employee that got hired this last peak season decided to become a supervisor. That's fine and dandy, but I guess they start at $17 an hour now. Come to find out, this supervisor gets paid about the same amount as me every week, and that's only because UPS just started taking money for medical.
Before that, like right after becoming a supervisor, this person was making more than me every week by over $20. And the only thing getting taken out of my check is for medical and $3 for United Way.
Now, tell me how in the hell this is possible or even morally right that someone I have almost a decade over gets paid the same amount as me? Mind you, I work way too hard for my own good to get paid the same as someone that honestly does not care that much about doing their best and providing results.
I can't help it. No matter what the job is, whether they screw me or not, I can never go through with myself saying "friend it" and do a crappy job. I always strive to be the best. What should I do?
One more thing. I am waiting for the 6 to 1 opportunity for me to go driving. There are 2 more full time drivers that I am waiting for to pass probation. That is the only reason why I have not been making a big deal about it. But when I see people doing the bare minimum and getting paid the same as me, when I put my blood, sweat, and tears into my work, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry for the long story.
Wow!! Guys lay it on thick but I guess it's the UPS way.. Well not here to bash you on mistake next time make sure you do your homework before making a big decision.. lets look at positive side .. first of all keep that work habit up.. thats what we need in this company now that you are in management let's set your goals high.. sounds like you a younger person which works in your favor.. management loves younger people there's a longer life there for them.. learn all you can move around the building different belts, safety team soon enough upward mobility on-road supervisor and then building manager.. who knows maybe one day you will be my district manager.. stay positive take whatever avenue that comes to you and run with it.. hang in there my friend wishing you the best

JustQuit

Wow!! Guys lay it on thick but I guess it's the UPS way.. Well not here to bash you on mistake next time make sure you do your homework before making a big decision.. lets look at positive side .. first of all keep that work habit up.. thats what we need in this company now that you are in management let's set your goals high.. sounds like you a younger person which works in your favor.. management loves younger people there's a longer life there for them.. learn all you can move around the building different belts, safety team soon enough upward mobility on-road supervisor and then building manager.. who knows maybe one day you will be my district manager.. stay positive take whatever avenue that comes to you and run with it.. hang in there my friend wishing you the best
I appreciate it. I actually turned down a few opportunities due to the fact that I'm supposed to be really close to go driving and I didn't want me going to a new position to hold me back from going driving asap. I got offered safety, customer counter supervisor, as well as part time oms or pds ( i get the two confused.)

JustQuit

Ok, idk if I should start another thread but a driver I was talking to today mentioned that he heard something about making supervisors sign something that says they will be coming back to management. I know they never did this before but the thought of them starting to actually crossed my mind since another part time supervisor recently gave them the "NOPE." Now say I do sign this and say no when they ask me to go back. What are the possible outcomes?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok, idk if I should start another thread but a driver I was talking to today mentioned that he heard something about making supervisors sign something that says they will be coming back to management. I know they never did this before but the thought of them starting to actually crossed my mind since another part time supervisor recently gave them the "NOPE." Now say I do sign this and say no when they ask me to go back. What are the possible outcomes?

You'll be fired

Noreaga

I appreciate it. I actually turned down a few opportunities due to the fact that I'm supposed to be really close to go driving and I didn't want me going to a new position to hold me back from going driving asap. I got offered safety, customer counter supervisor, as well as part time oms or pds ( i get the two confused.)
Someone told me once from management if you know to much you are now an asset and you will only drive for experience and then up rooted as a on road supervisor so be careful

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
On your two main questions; Pay - go to UPS'ers.com and check your W4 for withholding deductions. Especially if you normally get a sizable tax refund each year. You can change it there to boost your take home and lower both your tax deduction each pay period and year end refund.

Driving - once you go diving there's nothing they can do to force you back. They will ride you exceptionally hard though if they feel you've reneged on coming back to mgmt. You'll be their :censored2: until someone else is and you'll have many enemies. Just being real. I'd suggest talking to your BA after you've made your 30 days and keeping this detail to yourself. If they get the feeling you're intending to stay a driver, they'll simply wash you out.