P/T Sup. pay rate

JustQuit

First, I don't wanna hear about how it's my fault for switching to the dark side or anything of that matter. I wanna know if there is a union equivalent for management as far as helping us when there is an issue with the company.
I have been working at UPS for over 9 years and am getting paid the same amount each week as these new supervisors that have been here for less than 6 months. This is due to me switching after being an hourly for like 7 years (stupid, I know).
I was getting paid about $15.34 an hour before I switched and at the time, p/t supervisors started at $15. Since I was already making the starting pay rate for PT supervisors, I only got a 10% pay bump which had me at a little less than $17 an hour. I became a PT supervisor on April 20, 2015.
Fast forward to a few months ago when an employee that got hired this last peak season decided to become a supervisor. That's fine and dandy, but I guess they start at $17 an hour now. Come to find out, this supervisor gets paid about the same amount as me every week, and that's only because UPS just started taking money for medical.
Before that, like right after becoming a supervisor, this person was making more than me every week by over $20. And the only thing getting taken out of my check is for medical and $3 for United Way.
Now, tell me how in the hell this is possible or even morally right that someone I have almost a decade over gets paid the same amount as me? Mind you, I work way too hard for my own good to get paid the same as someone that honestly does not care that much about doing their best and providing results.
I can't help it. No matter what the job is, whether they screw me or not, I can never go through with myself saying "friend it" and do a crappy job. I always strive to be the best. What should I do?
One more thing. I am waiting for the 6 to 1 opportunity for me to go driving. There are 2 more full time drivers that I am waiting for to pass probation. That is the only reason why I have not been making a big deal about it. But when I see people doing the bare minimum and getting paid the same as me, when I put my blood, sweat, and tears into my work, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry for the long story.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
First, I don't wanna hear about how it's my fault for switching to the dark side or anything of that matter. I wanna know if there is a union equivalent for management as far as helping us when there is an issue with the company.
I have been working at UPS for over 9 years and am getting paid the same amount each week as these new supervisors that have been here for less than 6 months. This is due to me switching after being an hourly for like 7 years (stupid, I know).
I was getting paid about $15.34 an hour before I switched and at the time, p/t supervisors started at $15. Since I was already making the starting pay rate for PT supervisors, I only got a 10% pay bump which had me at a little less than $17 an hour. I became a PT supervisor on April 20, 2015.
Fast forward to a few months ago when an employee that got hired this last peak season decided to become a supervisor. That's fine and dandy, but I guess they start at $17 an hour now. Come to find out, this supervisor gets paid about the same amount as me every week, and that's only because UPS just started taking money for medical.
Before that, like right after becoming a supervisor, this person was making more than me every week by over $20. And the only thing getting taken out of my check is for medical and $3 for United Way.
Now, tell me how in the hell this is possible or even morally right that someone I have almost a decade over gets paid the same amount as me? Mind you, I work way too hard for my own good to get paid the same as someone that honestly does not care that much about doing their best and providing results.
I can't help it. No matter what the job is, whether they screw me or not, I can never go through with myself saying "friend it" and do a crappy job. I always strive to be the best. What should I do?
One more thing. I am waiting for the 6 to 1 opportunity for me to go driving. There are 2 more full time drivers that I am waiting for to pass probation. That is the only reason why I have not been making a big deal about it. But when I see people doing the bare minimum and getting paid the same as me, when I put my blood, sweat, and tears into my work, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry for the long story.
image.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
ups dont take your 7 year part time in account. You get what your making at the time in union plus 10 percent. You should get raises.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
reality

Over 70

You're a :censored2:. With 7 years in, how much longer would you have waited to drive anyways while maintaining your dignity, and self respect?

JustQuit

Well, I went to driving school in 2011 or 2012 but got a DUI the last Friday before I started. I thought it was easier to go back, so i thought I'd go sup for a few years and go back. Come to find out it's not that easy. This is my second chance so I was toughing it out. Our hub has it's own union so we don't have to compete with other hubs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well, I went to driving school in 2011 or 2012 but got a DUI the last Friday before I started. I thought it was easier to go back, so i thought I'd go sup for a few years and go back. Come to find out it's not that easy. This is my second chance so I was toughing it out. Our hub has it's own union so we don't have to compete with other hubs.
You just aren't too bright are you?

JustQuit

Trust me, I kick myself in the nuts every day for this cuz I used to say I'd never go sup. I'd actually laugh and say "NOPE" before they could even finish asking me if I wanted to go supervisor.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Holy Smokes! The OP took more time writing this than the time he took making the bad decision to go into management.