Package bound for Austin explodes at FedEx facility: fire department

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
so you got to assume a couple things the bomber is on the fedex drivers route if it was picked up or somebody working at fedex is printing out labels to put on bomb boxes.

no but you do stuff to draw attention away from the real source and what we know now is packages got into the fedex system. Plus that stuff is sensitive and can explode at any time

not if it was someone who worked at fedex and new how to do it. It is a little odd that whomever was placing them all over Austin is now their shipping them to Austin. My idea is just a thought, I could be wrong.

Also whomever is doing it , gots some kind of grievance with Austin

Has the ATF contacted you for your expertise and insights yet?

vantexan

The Austin American-Statesman reported that local police had located the suspect using a mix of cellphone information, security video and store receipts.
Austin bombing suspect kills self with explosive as police close in: report
It's amazing to me how the police usually find a suspect, details are given on tv of how difficult it is to get away with a crime, and yet people still do premeditated murders, bank robberies, and other crazy things. Never overestimate the intelligence of the average criminal.

oldngray

nowhere special
They examined a suspicious package and found an unexploded bomb which helped find the guy. They warned there may still be more bombs already in the system.

oldngray

nowhere special
Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas., said Conditt's "fatal mistake was when he walked into a FedEx office to mail the package." That trip, McCaul said, allowed authorities to get surveillance video of him in his SUV, leading to the identification of his license plate and, ultimately, of the bomber himself. Once that was done, officials were able to track his cellphone and where he purchased the bomb-making materials at a Home Depot store.
Austin serial bomber may have other devices 'out there,' cops uncover 'treasure trove of information'

SmithBarney

There is a notice at our local UPS Store stating that they have the right to open up any suspicious packages.
Ours has a sign saying do not bring sealed packages into UPS store, all pkgs must be inspected.
there was an irate customer in there the other day saying "you have no right to look in it..." the clerk just pointed to the door.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ours has a sign saying do not bring sealed packages into UPS store, all pkgs must be inspected.
there was an irate customer in there the other day saying "you have no right to look in it..." the clerk just pointed to the door.

"Who's going to stop us?"