package car design

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Are the control packages specced or does the builder just do whatever, because that is what they do??

Example, the 4 way switch on package cars. My current wagon, it is tucked on top of the steering column. It is very hard to see and harder to reach. Frequently, I push it and it does not turn on or off. Plus, since I am fairly tall, the steering wheel blocks the flashing arrows on the dash. It takes a serious amount of effort to turn them on, as a result, they are either on for hours at a time or off for hours at a time.

All of my personal vehicles have a button on the dash, in clear view. I push it and it flashes so that I know the 4-ways are on. Why can't we have that on package cars??

The parking brake is almost as bad. It is an end-range motion that I set 150+ times a day. For 3 glorious years, I ran a route that had a Ford with the electronic parking brake. It was easy to set and it held.

And as nice as an auto trans is, does it really have to be an end-range motion that is that difficult to complete??

I see in the upcoming contract that feeders can put extensions on their shifters. Is there anything that we can do to make our cars just a little more user friendly??
One would think the company would get input from the very people that use the equipment daily and find out what works and what doesn't, but no, they are to stupid to see the big picture.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
8wzbayK_d.jpg

Next gen package cars. Guess we are only delivering letters