Package Car

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I would be curious to know what Cheryl thinks about us posting pictures like these on her site?
If we have managed to stay completely anonymous on this site, do we have anything to worry about?
Does UPS have any standing to compel the site to reveal our identity?

rod

Retired 22 years
You're trucks not full unless you have to move packages to shift into the next gear.

I hate to admit that I actually did that a few times before I wised up. Then again the old P-400's used to have a big shelf up front and you were expected to haul your next half dozen stops up front with you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm fine with not being allowed to post pictures of the truck, or the load....but I still wanna post pictures of the doggies that jump up inside!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would be curious to know what Cheryl thinks about us posting pictures like these on her site?
If we have managed to stay completely anonymous on this site, do we have anything to worry about?
Does UPS have any standing to compel the site to reveal our identity?
IMHO If there is no truck number, and no address can be seen:whiteflag:
I think it will be Ok with Cheryl. But as I said, JMHO.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm fine with not being allowed to post pictures of the truck, or the load....but I still wanna post pictures of the doggies that jump up inside!
I had one today, and I was not even scared, and it was a stray. I kept waiting for someone to call him, he was just a happy guy on is own.

Johney

Anything that can be seen in public view is covered under public domain.
I don't think that went to well for STUG. Although he did get his job back and they did know his identity I don't think it would be hard for some IT guy at UPS to figure out whose trucks those are.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I agree but in this case you can see what I assume to be the drivers first name (LEE) and the town he delivers to (Independence, MO).
I think that's the preloader's name. Not positive. I still get packages with 09-xxxx(usually 5676) on them. Still, it's not good to be posting that kind of info. Very traceable.

Johney

I agree but in this case you can see what I assume to be the drivers first name (LEE) and the town he delivers to (Independence, MO).
I can only imagine if that pic was seen by someone at UPS and depending on his management team his day could be starting out very bad.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our PDS uses the driver's initials and lane number as part of the PAL to make it easier for the preloaders.

My lane number is 22 so the PAL's start with 22DB.

Johney

I think that's the preloader's name. Not positive. I still get packages with 09-xxxx(usually 5676) on them. Still, it's not good to be posting that kind of info. Very traceable.
I don't think so Me, I have had my name there a time or two to try and curb the misloads. Never worked, they still do it in some parts of our center though.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't think so Me, I have had my name there a time or two to try and curb the misloads. Never worked, they still do it in some parts of our center though.
That's just whacked. I don't think any employee's name should be used. I'd have words with someone about my name being used, that's for sure.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Our PDS uses the driver's initials and lane number as part of the PAL to make it easier for the preloaders.

My lane number is 22 so the PAL's start with 22DB.
I remember having to know the split on any given street to know whether it was my package or not. Sad, just sad.

Johney

That's just whacked. I don't think any employee's name should be used. I'd have words with someone about my name being used, that's for sure.
What was really sad was the truck just down from me had no permanent driver,yet they just put someones name on the PAL. Like I said it doesn't work well when they do the name thing. At least from what I see.

oldupsman

I hate to admit that I actually did that a few times before I wised up. Then again the old P-400's used to have a big shelf up front and you were expected to haul your next half dozen stops up front with you.
I wonder how many people on here even know what a old P-400 looks like rod. I used to love that car.
Put on a full set of chains and you could drive it anywhere. Like a jeep. Blew up the last one in our building
one nite coming back to the center.