Package Car

Johney

I wonder how many people on here even know what a old P-400 looks like rod. I used to love that car.
Put on a full set of chains and you could drive it anywhere. Like a jeep. Blew up the last one in our building
one nite coming back to the center.
I have spent a short time in an old p-400. They weren't around long after I started.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I wonder how many people on here even know what a old P-400 looks like rod. I used to love that car.
Put on a full set of chains and you could drive it anywhere. Like a jeep. Blew up the last one in our building
one nite coming back to the center.

LMAO!! I remember driving a dirt road in a blinding snow storm in a 400 with chains on. I could only see about 20 feet ahead of me. I 'knew' the phone poles ran along the left side of the road, so I followed them.

Until the road turned to the left and the poles went straight. I finally ground to a stop about 100 yards in somebody's corn field. Put that old 400 in reverse, and backed right out. Good times.

Leftinbuilding

Didn't they have a bullhead door that was about 5'8". I seem to recall clocking the noggin a few times.

LOL, same here. The thing I remember most about the P400 was the brakes locking up at almost every stop. And not necessarily the same wheel twice in a row. Quite the adventure...

btg1972

so at the end of the day does he/she put in that the load quality was acceptable? Put no everyday until they learn how to load.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
At least they didn't put the hand truck on the floor and load all the bulk on top of it only to be found after you have delivered two thirds of it.

satellitedriver

LOL, same here. The thing I remember most about the P400 was the brakes locking up at almost every stop. And not necessarily the same wheel twice in a row. Quite the adventure...
Amen.
On a washboard road the ass end wanted to be the front end.
I called the 400 a brown coffin.
I drove one for 3yrs and covered 250 to 280 miles a day, on back country dirt roads.

satellitedriver

I don't think that went to well for STUG. Although he did get his job back and they did know his identity I don't think it would be hard for some IT guy at UPS to figure out whose trucks those are.
Google has already gone thru enough law suits to settle this debate.
I would love for IT, or anyone else associated with UPS, to come after me for posting pictures that any passerby could have taken.
STUG was a victim of intimidation.
-(and a little too "care free" attitude, in posting)-
:funny:

Since I do not depend upon the union to protect my job/career, I just depend on knowing my legal rights.

Johney

Google has already gone thru enough law suits to settle this debate.
I would love for IT, or anyone else associated with UPS, to come after me for posting pictures that any passerby could have taken.
STUG was a victim of intimidation.
-(and a little too "care free" attitude, in posting)-
:funny:

Since I do not depend upon the union to protect my job/career, I just depend on knowing my legal rights.
I understand what you're saying,but I think there is a difference between you as an employee taking and posting pics here as opposed to just some random person. UPS can and will fire you for posting pics on here we all have seen it happen so I just say why take the chance on being out of work and pay for posting a picture. To me it's just not worth the fight,I pick and chose my battles and posting a pic on here isn't worth it.