Package Cars and A/C

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have never been treated as worse as UPS treats their employees. To be in the Southeast and not have AC is ridiculous. I go into some offices sweating worse than a hog at the slaughterhouse and people, including residential customers, hand out water etc. all day long. And to top it all off-the next morning to be told how fortunate we are to have this job, how overpaid we are, etc. is just a slap in the face. Name one fortune 100 company that certainly on a weekly basis yells to an entire group of employees to move faster and that you are all overpaid.

To the AC issue-UPS on purpose orders vehicles WITHOUT AC. Minivans, Sprinters, etc. So when they do that I don't care about walking into a professional business looking like a sweaty hog with a case of swamp :censored2:.
8DEF077F-D195-43B1-8EAC-6C535EA566EF.gif

DiadTrainer

damn an AC just give me 2 vent holes behind the bulkhead like they have by our legs ....with the option to open or close it. I just want the heat released

Underallowed306

I’m not sure how the company would even implement putting AC in all cars. But beyond that, do we really want to give the company any more leverage for the next contract? They’re already putting gps in every car so that anyone can run a route, hiring personal vehicle drivers, developing hybrid drivers at a lower rate, and starting a drone airline. The union seems to be agreeing to everything the company comes up with, so when they want to not pay us the same wage increases anymore because of all these ‘luxuries’ they’re providing, I’m not sure anyone would try to stop them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Saw that the employees nurse wife is still working on getting A/Cfor package cars. She is stating that you wouldn't leave your dog in a hot vehicle. This might do the trick. Abney of all people should be for the employees getting relief in the heat. OR he should step down as he "guided" by others on what to say and when.
How did everyone survive without a/c?