Package Exception - maybe because of potential strike?

kene1024

So, I shipped a busted disk drive back to Western Digital in Irvine, CA. I sent it 3-day select, and dropped it off at a local UPS store.

I tracked it tonight, and it showed "exception", which in my experience usually means something bad happened. But it says "forwarded to the facility in the destination city", and appears to still be scheduled for delivery the day I expected.

I'm wondering if it somehow got specially routed, since I am in the Chicago area, and a strike is threatened. The tracking # is
1Z 0E5 A79 89 9357 273 5 if anybody is curious.

Thanks.

drewed

Shankman
So, I shipped a busted disk drive back to Western Digital in Irvine, CA. I sent it 3-day select, and dropped it off at a local UPS store.

I tracked it tonight, and it showed "exception", which in my experience usually means something bad happened. But it says "forwarded to the facility in the destination city", and appears to still be scheduled for delivery the day I expected.

I'm wondering if it somehow got specially routed, since I am in the Chicago area, and a strike is threatened. The tracking # is
1Z 0E5 A79 89 9357 273 5 if anybody is curious.

Thanks.
it sounds like it got delayed/rerouted around somewhere....we ll have to see if someone has a token to look up your tracking tonight

Pollocknbrown

probably just got re-routed, out here in buffalo i spent the twi and nite sorting everything west of chicago to trucks that we got rid of because the vol was too low to justify them, but are bringing some of them back b/c of the possible strike, and creating no ones. but your package should be fine.

Capt_Matt

ADDIL
Your package should be fine. if it 3 day select from chicago it either went to louky or cach or desIA But should be on its way to cali by now!