Package never scanned or delivered when dropped in drop box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dropped a package off in a drop box outside a UPS store and it never arrived to its destination. The tracking never changed from label created. I called Customer service 2 days later and they assured me it would still be delivered even if it wasn’t scanned. They actually contacted that ups store and the next morning the store called and spoke with me and went out to the drop box to ensure packages had been picked up and it had. They kept just telling me it would show up.

After the package had been undelivered after a week I had the company that had provided the return shipping label start and investigation because they would not allow me to (even though I’m the one that knows the specific details of when and where it was dropped off). They provided me the claim number and I emailed ups to provide the detailed info. It has now been 3 weeks and still no sign of this package!!!!

Where do lost/damaged packages go? How do they have no way of figuring this out? What can I do?

Very funny, I said return label. It is an expensive package. And yes now I know I should have walked in the ups store and gotten a receipt. I have never had an issue with UPS and the drop boxes are there for a reason.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

I dropped a package off in a drop box outside a UPS store and it never arrived to its destination. The tracking never changed from label created. I called Customer service 2 days later and they assured me it would still be delivered even if it wasn’t scanned. They actually contacted that ups store and the next morning the store called and spoke with me and went out to the drop box to ensure packages had been picked up and it had. They kept just telling me it would show up.

After the package had been undelivered after a week I had the company that had provided the return shipping label start and investigation because they would not allow me to (even though I’m the one that knows the specific details of when and where it was dropped off). They provided me the claim number and I emailed ups to provide the detailed info. It has now been 3 weeks and still no sign of this package!!!!

Where do lost/damaged packages go? How do they have no way of figuring this out? What can I do?
Hello Ashley , first off Id like to apologise for all the rude men here . I am a mod and trying to keep these guys in check is a full time job .Any-who , I can help you out but first I'm going to need a selfie .

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
If you did a piss poor job attaching the label... your package will eventually be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Selfie? Asking for a friend.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
As @walk the jewels said your package is sitting at some hub with no label and no way to identify where it is suppose to go. Did you insure the package at the full value? UPS will only cover the minimum unless you purchased additional insurance. And as another poster said before this is not a customer service forum, this is where employees of UPS come to chat/complain about our job. Also I would suggest changing your username, we are not allowed to use our real names it is against policy of this site to do so.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!

giphy.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Kiss that baby goodbye.

I understand what this site is and you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. I’m getting no answers elsewhere and figured you guys are the experts and would no more than I do so maybe you could find kindness and at least point me in the right direction.

I did not purchase the label as this was a return label sent to me by a company.

I securely taped the label and made sure it was completely cover to prevent water damage. It was sent in the very well made original box.

What does an “investigation” even consist of. Can they not see other packages that were picked up at the same location and if they were delivered. Surely there are cameras showing me drop it off. This is a large company that’s sole purpose to to get packages from point A to point B and I’m sure that doesn’t always happen so why does it seem like they have no idea what to do when one doesn’t.

badpal

These drop boxes are more trouble than they are worth sometimes. First check and see if your tracking number starts with a 1Z at least. We get everybodys packages dropped in them and some with no labels. During peak i had some ATT modem equipment dropped in mine with no identification or box. And FDX and the mailman stopping me to hand me stuff dropped in thiers by mistake . I bet alot of packages dropped in wrong box just gets trashed.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I understand what this site is and you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. I’m getting no answers elsewhere and figured you guys are the experts and would no more than I do so maybe you could find kindness and at least point me in the right direction.

I did not purchase the label as this was a return label sent to me by a company.

I securely taped the label and made sure it was completely cover to prevent water damage. It was sent in the very well made original box.

What does an “investigation” even consist of. Can they not see other packages that were picked up at the same location and if they were delivered. Surely there are cameras showing me drop it off. This is a large company that’s sole purpose to to get packages from point A to point B and I’m sure that doesn’t always happen so why does it seem like they have no idea what to do when one doesn’t.
It probably wasn’t a ups label.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That weed was too notch

Try again next month

Status
Not open for further replies.