Pain Management

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Ice and advil. Took me about a month to get used to the UPS grind. Even if you work out a lot, you don't utilize those muscles as much doing only 30-40 reps. You're doing 10 times that in a shift. You will probably always be a little sore. But your body will adjust to it.

Hydration is key though. That's the biggest thing I screwed up on when I started. Drink a crap ton of water. It helps so much, especially in recovery after a shift.

BrownThunder

Yeah hydration is likely my biggest issue. I'll drink my preworkout before mybshift and take a drink here and there. After my shift is over I'll finish whatever is in my bottle and take my protein shake before bed.

Today I'll make it a point to refill my 40oz bottle at least twice today.

browner89

Yeah hydration is likely my biggest issue. I'll drink my preworkout before mybshift and take a drink here and there. After my shift is over I'll finish whatever is in my bottle and take my protein shake before bed.

Today I'll make it a point to refill my 40oz bottle at least twice today.

You definitely need be be drinking more water if you're taking a pre-workout supplement.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Not sure where you are, but wait till it gets hot. I'd for sure take a waterjug with me to work. Put ice in it at home or do it at your hub if they have ice machines that actually work. Every time you walk by a water fountain, make yourself stop and drink some. Drink a Gatorade or something on your 10 minute break. When you get off, replenish. You can lose several pounds a day. That isn't talcum powder on those driver's shirts that are walking out. lol.

How are you guys dealing with your physical pain on your job?

I'm on week 4 and the general soreness has gone away, however my shoulder joints and hands are experiencing pain at all times. It's uncomfortable to sleep with my shoulders in pain, and I've resorted to popping pain pills to sleep through then night in come resemblance of comfort.

Boy I'll tell ya, my center manager told me this would be tough, but the hard part isn't really the work itself. It's dealing with aches and (in my case) sleep deprivation. Do the aches and pains generally go away after a few months when your body gets used to the motion?

I just started watching the king of queens (for obvious reasons), and Doug used the :censored2:bag hand squeeze exercise contraption. I was considering jumping on amazon and one to use to help with my hands.

handgripmain_1386316913.jpg

Opinions? Comments?
Try ice

clean hairy

I thought this thread would be about how Managment is a pain!
Seriously, though, when I started years ago had pain from muscles I did not know existed.
I think it was around 3-6 weeks before there was no more pain.
Might check the techniques you use to lift, that could be part of it as well.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Get help with over 70lbs and wear gloves. I liked the ones with rubber on the fingers. The extra grip makes packages feel 5lbs lighter

Indecisi0n

I'm 31. 6'2, 250lbs. The only time I get help for irregs is when they're impossible to lift by myself. I'd say 90% of those boxes that say "team lift", we're doing by ourselves especially when it's the 11th hour and there are a dozen pallets of irregs to load.

Honestly I don't stretch as often as I should, and I drink water but not to the degree I probably should consistently.
You sound beefy.

brown bomber

brown bomber
that currently is my go to med,...after 30+ yrs, broken bones, arthritis, surgeries, and a failed knee replacement....it still doesn't work. Not sure what the answer is, I just know that every day the pain doesn't subside. I pushed myself to the limit, and now in retirement...I'm paying for it