Pain Management

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
that currently is my go to med,...after 30+ yrs, broken bones, arthritis, surgeries, and a failed knee replacement....it still doesn't work. Not sure what the answer is, I just know that every day the pain doesn't subside. I pushed myself to the limit, and now in retirement...I'm paying for it
tumblr_mr3qqmaLtL1r19349o1_1280.jpg
Pain med of choice lmfao

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Motrin for breakfast and a couple cups of coffee. I once heard that something in coffee helps with minor aches and pains and it seems to work with me.

BrownThunder

Do any of you experience numbness in your hands and arms? I never had this issue until I started working here. It's really bad when I first wake up. If I lay on my side, my arm will "fall asleep" quickly. I wonder if this is due to inflammation in the tissue surrounding the nerve. I doubt it's actual nerve damage, because I think that would be a more permanent "sleep" feeling.

oldngray

nowhere special
Do any of you experience numbness in your hands and arms? I never had this issue until I started working here. It's really bad when I first wake up. If I lay on my side, my arm will "fall asleep" quickly. I wonder if this is due to inflammation in the tissue surrounding the nerve. I doubt it's actual nerve damage, because I think that would be a more permanent "sleep" feeling.

Inflamed nerve sheath would be my guess. Painful but not serious. Take some motrin and stay hydrated.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My middle finger gets really achey sometimes. Swear to God, that's not a joke even though it might come off as one. I think I've got a mean case of tendonitis between the first knuckle at the base of the finger and the second knuckle.

Pain management.... I just kinda live with it, man.
We have insurance....go to the doctor. A simple cortisone shot could help...and its covered. I have bad tendonitis in my left ankle from an old injury....up and down steps in the trucks doesn't help much. Cortisone shots are a godsend.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Carpal tunnel....get a wrist stabilizer at Cvs or Walmart....amd wear it to bed....it helps keep your wrist straight and lessens the numbness. Mine gets bad during peak....the numbness and pain will wake me up. Oh and suck it up....its only week 4.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have carpal tunnel. My right hand and thumb go numb, most of the day. Who needs to feel, I can lift 100pds, just not a coffee cup or a jug of milk. I have some kind of quirk in my knee where if I wear a brace, (copper thingy) and roll it below my knee I have no pain, if I dont have it on I cant walk. No I have not went to a doctor. Suck it up. I use aleve, its a miracle drug, I use aspirin, for the severe sudden debilitating pains, and when I retire I will use a whole bucketful of the stuff jumpman posted, til then I will suck it up.

J

jibbs

We have insurance....go to the doctor. A simple cortisone shot could help...and its covered. I have bad tendonitis in my left ankle from an old injury....up and down steps in the trucks doesn't help much. Cortisone shots are a godsend.

::sigh::

Doctors are pretty much an emergency-only situation for me.

I don't like them. I go there when I know damn well what's wrong with me. I don't want to go in for a kidney stone that's got me pissing blood and feeling like I've got a corksrew stabbing through the back of my ribs, only to be told I have a vitamin D deficiency and get prescribed prescription strength vitamins. I want to tell them what's wrong, get a quick verification and then let's fix that :censored2:. I haven't met a doctor yet that works that way-- not with me, at least.

[Side-Note: It's amazing how small and yet excruciatingly painful kidney stones can be.]

I do like the fact that I have insurance but I'm not the type to have a sore finger and go running to the doctor. Maybe once it snaps in half or something....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
::sigh::

Doctors are pretty much an emergency-only situation for me.

I don't like them. I go there when I know damn well what's wrong with me. I don't want to go in for a kidney stone that's got me pissing blood and then be told I have a vitamin D deficiency and get prescribed prescription strength vitamins, I want to tell them what's wrong, get a quick verification and then let's fix that :censored2:. I haven't met a doctor yet that works that way-- not with me, at least.

I do like the fact that I have insurance but I'm not the type to have a sore finger and go running to the doctor. Maybe once it snaps in half or something....
Neither am I...but sometimes little things become huge problems by ignoring them...a splinter cost Teamcare 2800 dollars to re move because I let it go for a month to get thru Xmas peak.

J

jibbs

And sometimes, little things go away all by themselves when you ignore them.

It's clear that you and I just like to bet on different horses, that's all.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have carpal tunnel. My right hand and thumb go numb, most of the day. Who needs to feel, I can lift 100pds, just not a coffee cup or a jug of milk. I have some kind of quirk in my knee where if I wear a brace, (copper thingy) and roll it below my knee I have no pain, if I dont have it on I cant walk. No I have not went to a doctor. Suck it up. I use aleve, its a miracle drug, I use aspirin, for the severe sudden debilitating pains, and when I retire I will use a whole bucketful of the stuff jumpman posted, til then I will suck it up.
How is that copper knee brace? Someone else I know swears by it...is it worth the money?

browner89

How is that copper knee brace? Someone else I know swears by it...is it worth the money?

I've never tried one myself but I know at least 3 people who swear by them as well. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about them but it's also not something I generally ask about lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've never tried one myself but I know at least 3 people who swear by them as well. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about them but it's also not something I generally ask about lol
I saw it at CVS for 15 bucks...I'll pick one up when my current knee brace wears out.