Panel or last chance agreement

I'm wondering where the steward was in all of this? How do you have 9 incidents and this is going to panel? Where are the grievances? Protest letters for which one as well? Are you keeping documentation and a journal of dispatches, stop counts, changing conditions etc?

A good steward would of seen this as a conflict of personalities between the 10 year driver and manager and probably would have tried to get the harassment and nit picking to stop. But 9 separate incidents and now it is being dealt to the BA?
Either there is more to the story or this driver really did start a war which his representation couldn't fight.

And if you know they have a target on your back the first couple of times, why wouldn't you be covering your ass and following every method every time?
After the first time, there should have been constant documentation on the part of the OP.

I bet there is more to this story then is presented. Are there overzealous, crazy vengeful managers out there? Absolutely. But something doesn't add up.
Always more to the story ,than what's posted.

I feel like it falls in the hands of my union reps if I sign a grievance shouldn't something come of it? why do I hear nothing about it. yeah they protested one write up and that one went away. it was for not being 85% on orion. Instead it just sits there in a folder then when I go in for a meeting with reps and labor manager my reps tell me to stay quiet and only speak when asked a direct question let us do the arguing .. ok well they didn't say much of anything the whole time I just listened to labor manager talk ask me a few questions that was it I ended up saying more than them? at what point are they going to fight for me doesn't seem like they have at all. not when I was given any of these article 7's and not now. I wish there was something more I could think to tell so the there wouldn't be that there must be more to the story thing. My opinion is I pissed someone off put a target on my back and when I get written on some B.S. no one is fighting for me. yes I'm over allowed right in the 50 to 75 click range. I always have the attitude that I will follow the methods and not cut corners as to not give them a reason and thats what I do but I'm not perfect ... mistakes happen (hitting the wrong button on the diad shouldn't lead to discipline)

ibleedbrown

ups is harassing drivers who can't keep up into early retirement or termination. if you are slow and and or old they pounce on you even for the littlest things. you and your union rep should realize this and file harassment grievances.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I feel like it falls in the hands of my union reps if I sign a grievance shouldn't something come of it? why do I hear nothing about it. yeah they protested one write up and that one went away. it was for not being 85% on orion. Instead it just sits there in a folder then when I go in for a meeting with reps and labor manager my reps tell me to stay quiet and only speak when asked a direct question let us do the arguing .. ok well they didn't say much of anything the whole time I just listened to labor manager talk ask me a few questions that was it I ended up saying more than them? at what point are they going to fight for me doesn't seem like they have at all. not when I was given any of these article 7's and not now. I wish there was something more I could think to tell so the there wouldn't be that there must be more to the story thing. My opinion is I :censored2: someone off put a target on my back and when I get written on some B.S. no one is fighting for me. yes I'm over allowed right in the 50 to 75 click range. I always have the attitude that I will follow the methods and not cut corners as to not give them a reason and thats what I do but I'm not perfect ... mistakes happen (hitting the wrong button on the diad shouldn't lead to discipline)

I'm confused, who's job is it? It's your union rep's job to make sure you follow up on documentation while you're being fired 9 times?? The first time, yeah maybe you're lax and don't know but 9? You should have been documenting every damn thing from the first one. That's your responsibility. Do they pay your bills? No? Then if someone or something was threatening your livelihood, wouldn't you take it seriously?

The blame might be on ups in the beginning. For letting it get to 9 times, that's all you.

BrownArmy

I feel like it falls in the hands of my union reps if I sign a grievance shouldn't something come of it? why do I hear nothing about it. yeah they protested one write up and that one went away. it was for not being 85% on orion. Instead it just sits there in a folder then when I go in for a meeting with reps and labor manager my reps tell me to stay quiet and only speak when asked a direct question let us do the arguing .. ok well they didn't say much of anything the whole time I just listened to labor manager talk ask me a few questions that was it I ended up saying more than them? at what point are they going to fight for me doesn't seem like they have at all. not when I was given any of these article 7's and not now. I wish there was something more I could think to tell so the there wouldn't be that there must be more to the story thing. My opinion is I :censored2: someone off put a target on my back and when I get written on some B.S. no one is fighting for me. yes I'm over allowed right in the 50 to 75 click range. I always have the attitude that I will follow the methods and not cut corners as to not give them a reason and thats what I do but I'm not perfect ... mistakes happen (hitting the wrong button on the diad shouldn't lead to discipline)

Stop being a victim, take matters into your own hands, and FFS stop hitting COM when you meant RES.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
ups is harassing drivers who can't keep up into early retirement or termination. if you are slow and and or old they pounce on you even for the littlest things. you and your union rep should realize this and file harassment grievances.

This is how they do it. They know they cannot fire you for production, so they go after other things to fire you for.

Faceplanted

I'll give u the benefit and assume you are on a route with a bad time study. This is what you should have been doing....

These past 2 years you should have been filing harassment and discrimination greviences every time you feel your being singled out. Harassment is obvious but also discrimination and keep notes on which drivers are doing the same exact thing as you and getting a free pass. You need a paper trail to show they are against you. It comes in very handy at a panel. If you have no paper trail it just seems you are a bad worker.

From now on file for everything, sups working, less senior guys getting scheduled off ect.